Need Help, Locked my DX

msu

Reaction score
Ok, I did a rookie move, set mine, got busy at work and can not get back in. I've tried so many times. It just keeps telling me that I need to enter 30, 35, 40, 50 and now I'm at your password needs to be 65 charaters long?????? I guess I don't get it.
I for sure don't want to do a factory reset.

Oh and then it will give me 30 sec to try again. Now I'm up to 75 char. I never get the google log in, etc..

I did read and post in the DX faq on this. I'm also running liberty if that is any help.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I'm rooted and on Liberty Rom. I decided to go into security and set a pass code. I did so and didn't touch my phone afterwords for couple hours. It rang and i went to answer and could remember the dang pass code that I put in.
so, I can not unlock my phone.
I keep failing and getting that my password is a certain amount of characters. Every time I fail to get the code correct, it seems to add characters.
I never get "have you forgot you passcode" so i can use my google account. I do not want to do a restore unless i have to.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Well unless you can guess the correct 75 character password you are going to be in for a factory reset.... Sucks but I don't know any other way to get around that...

Sorry man..

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Hmm, that is what is weird. i set a 4 # Passcode. But everytime I mess up, it adds 5 characters to it. Screw it, I'm doing a restore.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Why would it add 5 characters to the passcode and not tell u. It probably isn't changing the passcode.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
That was the biggest question that I ended up giving up on. I did a restore and back up and running now. I will never set a passcode again!!!