Help! need to unroot My DroidX after failed attempts

Retriraver

Reaction score
Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help.

I recently received a replacement DX because my originals speaker had a buzzing issue.

So I rooted my old DX using doroot.zip. I need to return it back to Verizon and don't want to be charged if they discover I rooted it. I requested a replacement before the 30 day period so I am not sure if they would even check for rooting in this case as I am not returning it under insurance or anything. If you think that unrooting isnt necessary let me know. thanks.

So I need help unrooting the old DX for return to Verizon. I tried this method How to UN-Root the Droid X And it gets stuck on the command "rm /system/app/superuser.apk" It says "rm failed for ........ Read-only file system

For others this method seems to work but it doesnt for me. I need to know how I can unroot my DX since I can't seem to find a method that works. If you know of a way to unroot from doroot.zip method please let me know. Thanks!

UPDATE**** I decided to just SBF flash back to stock 2.2. I had a lot of trouble doing it after I bricked my DX the first time, but it worked perfectly this time. It seems if anyone else runs into this probelm where they just need to return the phone that SBF flashing using RSD Lite is the easiest way. It took like maybe 10 minutes and a few clicks.

jkloeckner

Reaction score
Ever tried z4root? Its free in the market and I believe it has a force unroot option.. I know it works for the Droid 2, but I'm not sure about the Droid x.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
z4Root rooted my D2 very easily. I just had to change one permission and tap the app. 30 seconds tops.

OP
R

Retriraver

Reaction score
Ever tried z4root? Its free in the market and I believe it has a force unroot option.. I know it works for the Droid 2, but I'm not sure about the Droid x.

ok... so I tried this method... apparently it worked because i am denied access when i try to use root explorer or terminal emulator. Still have a problem though. Superuser permissions still appears in the apps menu. I need that to be gone as well. Any ideas on how to remove that?

jkloeckner

Reaction score

ok... so I tried this method... apparently it worked because i am denied access when i try to use root explorer or terminal emulator. Still have a problem though. Superuser permissions still appears in the apps menu. I need that to be gone as well. Any ideas on how to remove that?

hmmm... its probably in the system app partition so you would need root access to get it out of there.. lol re root and delete it out of the system app partition. Reboot. and then unroot. i think that might work

lets see if that works.. I dont even have a DX haha

Raptor007

Reaction score
How do you get back into the system app partition? Through the emulator and if so what command lines do you need to type. Just good info to keep on hand.