Need help geting foxfi to work with my Verizon Note 3

Drackoss

Reaction score
I went to the FAQ part of foxfi's website and followed the instructions it gives, but every time i enter the password, it comes back incorrect. Am i missing a step somewhere?

I go to lock screen > password > set new password...back out and try to activate foxfi. It has a first step where it asks what to name the certificate name. It prefills "foxfi" and then asks for password on next screen. After it says incorrect, there is a pop box on the bottom saying credentials cleared.

OP
Drackoss

Drackoss

Reaction score
Well i got it resolved. On their FAQ it says to change the lockscreen to a password..but that didnt' work at all. I did try the PIN and it also didn't work. The app just recently updated like 2 days ago and i tried both again. Password still didn't work, BUT i did try the PIN again. It worked this time 1st try, didn't change a thing i was doing before. Hope this helps anyone else who was stuck in the same situation as me.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for sharing.

beachdaze75

Reaction score
It will always work on pattern. If u ever want to change it back to swipe, u need to go to settings-security-clear all credentials.

cece5702

Reaction score
Won't foxfi use up a lot of data from your plan if you use it as a hot spot?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's actually the point. I don't think anyone would use it who didn't realize they were using the phone's data. But I could be wrong. ;)

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah foxfi was good to use when unlimited data was still around. Not the issue for me anymore. I Don't use it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah foxfi was good to use when unlimited data was still around. Not the issue for me anymore. I Don't use it.
Before phablets I used Foxfi often to help me see what I was reading on-screen easier on my tablet instead of my phone.
Once getting a phablet I rarely used it. Once I switched carriers I didn't even install it because T-Mobile doesn't need it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk