NEED HELP! Android Market Related

allansm

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a used Droid Incredible from Craigslist. The phone is in immaculate shape, no scratches, perfect physical condition.

....except I can't download any apps.

Now, I bought the phone the night the Android Market was down (a few days ago). So i figured it was the market and not the phone.

However, a couple days have passed and I still cannot download any apps.

The market opens up, i click on an app and it says it'll download but it never actually starts.

I've tried battery pulls, force closing the app in settings and clearing its cache and data in settings. I've also done a hard reset to no avail.

Any suggestions or remedies?

I've done research and have not been able to find a solution. I don't know if it's a problem to this specific phone or if a small number of select people are still experiencing issues with the market.

I love the phone and have no intention of asking for my money back. I'd rather find a solution.

Thanks for your time!

OP
A

allansm

Reaction score
So absolutely no one is still having market issues with the Incredible?

I called HTC yesterday and described the problem and they told me a lot of people using HTC phones from multiple carriers are experiencing problems with the market.

They said if the problem persists they will contact Google.

Out of the 60 people who read this thread, no one is experiencing any problems?!?

jomama22

Reaction score
What is ur carrier text say? Also, did u do a factory reset when u got it?

I would try a factory reset and then reactivate ur phone.

Do calls and data work?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Havoc70

Reaction score
No problems with the market on my phone, just downloaded a few updates this morning. I would check with your carrier and have them run a check on the electronic serial number to make sure the phone hasnt been reported stolen in the past.
Also i bought a phone a few years ago and my carrier had a problem activating it, because the phone still showed it was on someone else's account, maybe this is the problem?

Just a couple ideas for you, not sure if either will fix the issue

mohamede

Reaction score
No problem with mine. Just downloaded some apps this morning.

jomama22

Reaction score
You must report esn changes to verizon. You can do this online. To find ur esn may be tricky as i dont have an incredible but you must do that in order for anything to work properly

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Docinbird

Reaction score
I ran into a similar problem. I purchased my Incredible new and it ran fine for 3 days. Suddenly I couldn't get anything from the market to download. I checked the support forum at Google for the market and there were others having similar problems. I tried all of the fixes mentioned and nothing worked. I did a hard reset, reactivated the phone, and all was working again.

The first app I downloaded was a backup app, in case I ever had to do a reset again.