Need a sleek weather widget. Any suggestions?

soulshot96

Reaction score
HD widgets are nice. Here, have a look....
Has a lot of widgets to choose from and works great.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

hakaida

Reaction score
I bought beautiful widgets 2 years ago and Fancy Widgets looks very similar so I don't have the urge to pay for another widget app that is virtually the same. The selection of skins are almost identical except for each having a few exclusive ones. If I didn't have either one then I have no idea which one I would pick.

Saryon

Reaction score
Yeah, but the current Fancy Widgets with the HC7 skin looks even more dead on than the old FW.

Tried it out on my xoom. It doesnt look anything like my wife's incredible :-( Thanks for the suggestion though!

armeddroid

Reaction score
BeWeather has migrating features. So if you want Fancy, HD and Beautiful Widgets in an all in one app.
Be Weather is the app. And it's forecast it gives a smooth animation. This is my choice over the 3 mentioned.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
Informative thread - thanks!

I find all of the leading weather widgets to be pretty much the same, and they can have questionable battery consumption. So, when I got my Nexus, I went with Advanced Clock Widget for the following reasons:

- Very low battery consumption
- Breaks away from that somewhat tired look (my opinion) that the leading widgets use, allowing more flexibility in where I place info. The skins offered by Beautiful Widgets for instance provide some flexibility, but they all have that "BW Look".
- Provides a wider selection of info such as battery status, integrated right into the main home screen widget. BW has a separate battery widget, but I don't know of a way to integrate that status on the home widget.

On the other hand, ACW location doesn't seem to work well, and the detailed weather available by clicking on the widget brings to the standard Android weather, which never seems to be available wherever I go. Kinda sucks.

So, today I put BW on my Nexus and it looks predictably old school, compared to ACW - IMO.

Any other ideas?

billyk

Reaction score
Found an answer to my own question!

Make Your Clock Pro, in the Market.

Amazing, highly-rated, totally customizable, and GNex-friendly.

billyk

Reaction score
Update:
With "Make Your Clock Pro" I've been able to implement the best clock/weather widget for my needs.
There is a free version, I have no idea how it differs from the paid/Pro version.
If you are tired of the "same ole", give this app a try.
I am amazed that this app is not on more top 10 lists!

kac8866

Reaction score
I have to agree. Make Your Own Clock is what I have been using for a solid 9 months. I love it. Design your own or use, our modify, one of the many designs in the gallery.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am liking 1Weather...it is pretty cool, small widget but quite informative when you click to open the app :)...

kac8866

Reaction score
With Make Your Own Clock, you have widget sizes from 1x1 to 4x2. Definitely worth checking out.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums