news and weather widget broken on Nexus in ICS

angelman

Reaction score
Does anyone else use this? The weather part of this app/widget mostly displays the message "no weather information" in the widget even though it is. Then consistently (even when I first bought the phone) the app would crash if I clicked on the weather to see the graph view (showing hourly weather change)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use the "News" piece but not "News & Weather". I'm having no issues. But now that you mention it, the "ticker" or "scroll" in the news widget doesn't appear to be updating on the Nexus. It's working on my old droid, but the News widget keeps displaying the headline.

Also having an issue on the old GMail on my Droid syncing. So guessing Google is doing some maintenance in their system somewhere and Google services may be hick-upping at the moment.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use the "News" piece but not "News & Weather". I'm having no issues. But now that you mention it, the "ticker" or "scroll" in the news widget doesn't appear to be updating on the Nexus. It's working on my old droid, but the News widget keeps displaying the headline.

Also having an issue on the old GMail on my Droid syncing. So guessing Google is doing some maintenance in their system somewhere and Google services may be hick-upping at the moment.

For me the update stopped in gingerbread.

devildog9999

Reaction score
I use this every day - seems to work fine for me. I did have issues though in the biginning, and had to do a factory wipe on the bastard to get it all working right. Since then I have rooted it and all is good.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I have that issue as well. I think Google hasn't finished the news and weather app yet. It is the same as it was in gingerbread except for the widget. I hope they finish it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine works...is this what u are talking about

Lol edit.. wrong link

Last edited:

jleeusa

Reaction score
off and on for me too. Started a couple months ago on my og Droid.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah the news works fine, but sometimes the weather wont display.

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I downloaded a very popular app called "Beautiful Widgets" which has a variety of weather widgets. I like the one that I happened to put on my screen. When I open the phone, if it's cloudy out, then clouds go across the screen. If it's raining out then you see rain coming down gently (with a windshield wiper flipping across once)... really enjoying it... sort of wish it were bigger, but then again I couldn't fit all the other stuff on my home screen if it was too large.

agreenbhm

Reaction score
Try turning off Force GPU Rendering in the developer options.

THANK YOU!!!! I love the simplicity of the stock weather widget but the FC whenever clicking the info button has driven me mad for 6 months! Thanks for solving this frustrating problem!

Droid101

Reaction score
Yea mines off and on too. I know in the 4.0.4 update there is suppose to be an update for the widget included in it once it hits our phones