Ne2

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it's time for my wife to upgrade her phone and she wants the droid. her line is not the primary. i go to verizon.com and they want 199.00 bucks?! i thought there was supposed to be a discount...wtf. has anyone renewed their ne2 for a better price? i went to wirefly and it is confusing on how i am suppose to order the phone. please help...thanks in advance.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the problem? $199 is more than half off the retail price of the droid.

brochaos

Reaction score
only the primary line gets the discount i believe, not like there is much of a discount left anymore these days anyways...

rkeller62

Reaction score
If I recall correctly vzw is doing away with those rebates. They use to charge much more for the subsidized phone and gave the rebate to lower the price even more. My Moto Q9m was like $299 and I had a $100 renewal rebate. A Droid for $199 and no rebate is a MUCH better deal IMHO.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check Amazon Wireless. The price is a bit better there and you don't have to deal with rebates.

+1 on Amazon Wireless. My wife upgraded to a Droid with a new 2 year contract. She was not the primary number on the contract. Cost was $49.95. End of story. Received it a few days later. Activated it. No problem.

It's now $19.99, I believe and that includes contract extensions as well as new service.