Navagation ?

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Can you save places with the navagator like the VZW Navagator? I am not sure what all the navagator will do.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get the app Google Address Book from the Market.

Works wonders....

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i accomplished the same thing through LAYERS

Go to GOOGLE MAPS online and save several maps and on the droid go to LAYERS while in MAPS.
your online maps can be accessed quickly on the droid through layers/ MORE LAYERS- accomplishes the same thing as PREVIOUS/ FAVORITE DESTINATIONS on a stand alone gps unit.

bennyj

Reaction score
With the new update to google 4.0 you can save favorites now. Just press the star next to the name and address under directions list, and the next time you want to use it, select menu >> starred and then the one you want.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
One more thing. How do you make it Navagate to and talk, giving directions as you drive?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
With the new update to google 4.0 you can save favorites now. Just press the star next to the name and address under directions list, and the next time you want to use it, select menu >> starred and then the one you want.

Is the a way to name a star? If I make a star at 2345 W 89th street Salina KS, is there a way to name it "School" or something? I sont see any way on maps by phone or on pc. Would be nice though instead of just seeing a list of addresses that you may or may not remember what they belong to, you see a tag of some sort.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
One more thing. How do you make it Navagate to and talk, giving directions as you drive?

From the map screen: Directions>End Point>type in the address you want to go to>Go>Navigate

That will give you the turn by turn on the map. If it does not talk to you: Menu>Unmute

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By pressing the search button and the microphone image you can simply say Navigate to and it skill give you a voice option. If its a business you may not even need an address. Try it out. :)

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

Is the a way to name a star? If I make a star at 2345 W 89th street Salina KS, is there a way to name it "School" or something? I sont see any way on maps by phone or on pc. Would be nice though instead of just seeing a list of addresses that you may or may not remember what they belong to, you see a tag of some sort.

There must be (or needs to be) a way to do this. Some of my stared items are businesses. If I click on some of them on my Google maps on the computer, the bubble on the map has an "Edit" link. I can change the name. But most of my "stars" do not get an "Edit" option on their bubble?!?!?

No answer... just a bump

xliderider

Reaction score

You can still make a shortcut on your desktop to locations. Press and hold on a blank spot on your desktop screen, select shortcut, directions, type in an address, select an icon, name the shortcut.

You can make folder to put all your maps shortcuts in.

OT: love the new night mode for the navigation program now. :)

Cowpoke

Reaction score

You can still make a shortcut on your desktop to locations. Press and hold on a blank spot on your desktop screen, select shortcut, directions, type in an address, select an icon, name the shortcut.

You can make folder to put all your maps shortcuts in.

OT: love the new night mode for the navigation program now. :)

This is very true and is what I used to do before I knew you could star locations.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
That is still a lot of key strokes to do what any stand alone GPS does by just adding a name to your saved location. Maybe... 4.1?