Nascar app?

kevinc

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any apps that will allow me to watch live video, or at least get live lap by lap coverage of the nascar races. Im stuck at a home show all day today and would love to have something to distract me. I know some websites like nascar.com have coverage, but you need flash.
any help would be great.

FlipBack

Reaction score
Red Necks aren't supposed to have Droids.

Lol, just kidding. I don't think there is such a thing, but I imagine an app like sportstap has a nascar section.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Red Necks aren't supposed to have Droids.

There are a few of us LOL

I was looking for something like this myself that would have what the Sprint Nascar app has. But I think as long as Sprint is the primary sponsor we probably won't see anything like this available for any other carrier or OS. I do believe Sports Tap does have an auto section but I have never tried that app yet..

OP
K

kevinc

Reaction score
I have tried both sports tap, and news weeks nascar section. they both just give news about nascar. They dont actually give a real time lap by lap coverage.

Oh well, i will just dvr it and watch it tonight

cuskit

Reaction score
I have tried both sports tap, and news weeks nascar section. they both just give news about nascar. They dont actually give a real time lap by lap coverage.

Oh well, i will just dvr it and watch it tonight

Not a redneck here (live on the Jersey Shore - or is it just being a race fan that makes you a redneck?) - but a HUGE Nascar fan!

Sometimes I'm forced to work during a Nascar race - so I'll jump into my office periodically and keep abreast of the race on NASCAR.COM - News, Schedule, Drivers, Tracks, Fantasy & Video from NASCAR where they show (live) lap by lap leaders. You can try this on your Droid Browser. Though I'm not sure if it will default to a mobile version of the site which may or may not show the same lap by lap progress. I never tried it. But I'll check it during today's Las Vegas race (3:00 EST).

I'm wondering if Pandora (or another Internet Radio) can play something like "At the Track Radio"... That might be another option to follow the race.. :) mike

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I had the Sprint Nascar app on my VZW blackberry. It was great for live coverage and it streamed MRN radio. That is the only thing I miss about the BB. Maybe some genuis app writer could write one that streams in MRN. That would be enough for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"They're turning left....(repeat for several hundred laps :))"

Just joking guys :icon_ devil:

teenashepherd

Reaction score
keepin up with nascar

If you google the track they are at, it will give you the current leader board and a live lap description. You do however need to refresh the page to keep it current.