My Second Question

drchronos

Reaction score
Hello All,

I learned a lot in the first question now I have a new route to go on.

I received the phone d2g yesterday and also bought a 32 gig mem chip for it. But it was back ordered and will be here next Monday. I have the 8 gig one that came with it and now I get to my question.

If I activate the phone with the 8 gig card (no rooting until I get a little more comfortable) can I just put pictures and music on the sd and install programs to the 8 gig internal mem and just copy the music and pics from the 8 gig card to my pc and then when I get the 32 gig just put it in and copy them over from the pc?

Are there any hidden files or information that I need fron the 8 gig on the 32 gig when I get it? If there is I' just wait until I get the new memory to activate it. I can still use my old phone.

Thanks in advance for answering.

A Droid Newbie.

Tom Goyett
(drchronos)

vandums

Reaction score
I copied the stuff from my Eris SD card to a folder on my computer and when I got my D2 I just copied and pasted it to my D2 card. I'm guessing the new card will need formatted. This might be done automatically if you boot up your phone with the new card in. Maybe someone else can verify this.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have used many sd cards in my D2, didn't format any of them. Lots of people think it *needs* to be done, I disagree. You can put whatever you want on the current card, when the new one comes you can copy the info to your pc then to the new card.

OP
D

drchronos

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone. I guess that I'll just activate the phone now and then copy everything over when the new one gets here.

Thank you all once again. This is the best and most responsive forum that I've been on.

Tom Goyett
(drchronos)