My phone doesn't receive some texts from people?

keonigt

Reaction score
So when im texting my friend back and forth this happens, i text my friend and i dont get any text back from my friend. I end up eventually texting my friend back and asking if she replied to my last text and she says that she did reply to my text. So i test it with my other friend that was next to me, he texts me and we go back and forth texting each other and i eventually end up not getting one of his texts, so the incident was not a coincidence. So i guess my phone did not receive a text from my friend.
I was wondering what happened to my phone not receiving some texts?

OP
K

keonigt

Reaction score
Anyone knows what's up with the phone?

chartle

Reaction score
Does the sender's phone say it was sent?

I've had the same problem and it was on all non droid phones. I don't think its a droid issue but an overall network issue.

Humpa

Reaction score
Does the sender's phone say it was sent?

I've had the same problem and it was on all non droid phones. I don't think its a droid issue but an overall network issue.
I had never really texted, but the 20-somethings at work always use text to communicate, so I started texting mainly because of that.
And being a good tech and having the typical human ADD, I started to notice things. Things that made me think there were messages missing.

Do this with anyone you text with:
View your conversation with that person in a threaded text view. Have the other person do the same thing on their phone. Put your phones side by side an compare. I've done this with iPhone/WinMo/Droid. There will sometimes be missing messages, though the phone that sent it will show that it sent it successfully.

I would think with everyone relying so heavily on texting, that this would be a concern. I never see it mentioned though.

Last edited: