Some people aren't getting my texts

altjx

Reaction score
for some reason, lately, i've been getting messages from people saing they didnt get my text. like i texted a friend earlier today at 9AM and i was waiting on her to reply, when she never even got my text. this happened to 2 people that i know, and both of them are on AT&T's network

i only experience this problem every now and then. not understanding why some people are saying they didnt get my text... anyone else having this issue or had it and got it fixed?

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
weird. i get ghost texts on my droid, i'll get a text from someone and ill hit them back, they are like i didnt text you. weird crap too. one about toilets,etc. at&t sucks anyway. im sure the problem is on their end.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
yea, the two people that i did this with were on AT&T network, lol. iDon't understand what's going on =p

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
im having the same problem but its more so that the texts are taking hours and hours from someone to actually recieve the texts. Ill send one at say 9am and they wont get it till like 9pm or the next day. Another issue i am having is someone will send me a message and the message will keep coming and end up showing like 20 times, one right after the other

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
yep, that happens to me sometimes too, i wont get it close to 20 times though, more like 3-4 times back to back. but that only happens sometimes though.

vfxguy

Reaction score
AT&T Text Problems

I am having the exact same problem with texts to AT&T users. The rest of my family is on AT&T. I have problems where sometimes they get my texts and sometimes they don't. It is extremely frustrating that I can't carry on a simple text conversation with them and know that it went through. I've been troubleshooting and still not found the correct answer.

Verizon tech support (Level 1-droid tech) says nobody else is having a problem. They say if the phone says it sent it then the problem is on the AT&T side.

I have tried the following without a solid solution:

• I am using blocked numbers on my phone so that others cannot see my number. Family is *82'd. I removed that to see if it helped (problem not solved)
  • I am removing call blocking to check (will report if this works)
  • I noticed that SMS receive ability seemed to change after I received an MMS from someone (not able to prove but doesn't look likely)
  • Installed Handcent (off of suggestion from other forum) doesn't appear to make a difference.
  • Did the usual clear previous threads, pull battery, etc. (No solid proof that works.)
Let me know if anyone else manages to figure this out.

Thanks.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Lol this **** is so annoying. I'm going to start sending messages x2 to everyone.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
i just had this same problem.. LAST 1-2 weeks. so today i called verizon tech support and they had me reset the phone and now EVERYTHING works like it did when it was new!! A since we have google all my contacts were right back where they were, as soon as i logged onto gmail. verizon told me the problem with the text and the picture texts are 3rd party software downloaded to the phone. they said now when i download a app do a text / pic test. do it after each app i download so i know which one is causing the problem. Im very happy i have my texting and Picture texting back!!! Simple reset did it all