my pc only recognizes dx as a camera???

jremour

Reaction score
I've been trying to get connected to my pc through my usb with no success. I have read hunreds of posts and I still see nothing. I see no "mount" option and it will only come up as DROIDX camera. How can I get it to recognize the device. I need to put music on this thing. I have no music folders no nothing really just that stupid camera..... thanks

ccartertn

Reaction score
When you connect, you should see a USB symbol in the notification bar on the X. Slide that down and you will see options.

You may have to do PC Connect first to get the correct drivers on your PC.

Good Luck,
CC

OP
J

jremour

Reaction score
I installed the driver and got it to recognize the DROIDX now, but now it says phone usb mode not supported please change supported mode. Any ideas as to what this means? I think I'm getting closer

Eolly

Reaction score
Goto Settings >Applications > Development> And select USB Debugging.

Then go back to the usb selection and pick USB mass storage

That should get the phone to do its thing.

Now you also have to have it in mass storage to move music on to it.

OP
J

jremour

Reaction score
It will only connect when its in pc mode. When I'm on Mass storage it says phone usb not supported. Do I have to have Vcast media manager? It only recognizes it as a removable disk? I can't believe it's giving me this much trouble. Don't understand how you can't just plug it in and go like everything else....:icon_evil:

ffej89

Reaction score
I feel your pain. A few years ago i had a touch diamond and i got so frustrated with it i took it and my computer in to the store and said show me lol They looked at me like i was nuts

Eolly

Reaction score
What os is your pc? It sounds like your missing a driver. Hence the usb debugging mode. Once you get it to see mass media mode you should be able to drag and drops files.

Dont trip my efuse. Sent from DROIDX ta da.