My new #1 App - Twonky DLNA Server for Android

tdog7879

Reaction score
im confused??? i got it to pick up on my ps3 but it will not play any of my vids. Also how do i get it to pick up on my laptop????
Thanks

Unfortunately, the PS3 won't decode .3g format videos. The PS3 will play videos from your phone in other formats such as MP4, VOB, etc... My WD TV Live Media Server will play the .3g files.

If your PC is Vista or Windows 7, you will see the phone in WMP11 as a media server or in Windows Explorer under Network Devices - Media Servers.

You can also access the phone from any browser on your network by entering the URL: http://<IP_of_your_phone>:9000. This will give you a web interface to the phone in which you can adjust settings as well as access your media.
Thanks for the info!!! where can i find the IP address for my phone??:icon_eek: Also when i get the vids to play off my PC then i can just run my HDMI from pc to TV??? to see the videos...

OP
J

jfourman

Reaction score
im confused??? i got it to pick up on my ps3 but it will not play any of my vids. Also how do i get it to pick up on my laptop????
Thanks

Unfortunately, the PS3 won't decode .3g format videos. The PS3 will play videos from your phone in other formats such as MP4, VOB, etc... My WD TV Live Media Server will play the .3g files.

If your PC is Vista or Windows 7, you will see the phone in WMP11 as a media server or in Windows Explorer under Network Devices - Media Servers.

You can also access the phone from any browser on your network by entering the URL: http://<IP_of_your_phone>:9000. This will give you a web interface to the phone in which you can adjust settings as well as access your media.
Thanks for the info!!! where can i find the IP address for my phone??:icon_eek: Also when i get the vids to play off my PC then i can just run my HDMI from pc to TV??? to see the videos...

The IP on your phone can be found at: Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > then select the Wireless AP that you are connected...the IP will display.

...and yes, if you can view your PC on your TV via HDMI, what you see on your PC from your phone will also display on your TV.

tdog7879

Reaction score

The IP on your phone can be found at: Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > then select the Wireless AP that you are connected...the IP will display.

...and yes, if you can view your PC on your TV via HDMI, what you see on your PC from your phone will also display on your TV.
Thanks for all the info!

superglen99

Reaction score
My xbox 360 won't play my videos. Any help? It play music fine.in fact as I post this from my droid I am listening to music on my tv through my 360. Amazing!

R1Lover

Reaction score
not sure the need for this as the music and videos start on the pc and get to the droid from there... lol

OP
J

jfourman

Reaction score
My xbox 360 won't play my videos. Any help? It play music fine.in fact as I post this from my droid I am listening to music on my tv through my 360. Amazing!

The video on the Droid is in .3gp format. My PS3 does not have a codec for .3gp. My guess is that neither does Xbox360. My WD TV Live plays .3gp formats just fine.

R1Lover said:
not sure the need for this as the music and videos start on the pc and get to the droid from there... lol

Some won't see the value of displaying the pics and videos taken on your Droid on your TV or your friends PC with a couple of clicks of the remote. ...others will. ...lol

AdilSD

Reaction score
The name, too, can be configured via the web interface. Again, any webbrowser can access the server on the same network though port 9000. I was able to stream a movie to my roommates mac using the webaddress of the movie and VLC on his computer. Very cool stuff.
Hi Droidman, can you post an example URL for a movie streaming from Twonky Mobile Server to a PC/Mac?

This is what I am entering as a stream URL in VLC with no luck.192.168.0.177:9000/www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqTXG1pkcY0
Thanks,
Adil

JimmyD

Reaction score
WOW.... This sounds like a cool application! Can anyone confirm if videos will work with the XBox 360?

By the way... I'm a newbie on the forums... I recently replaced my Treo650 with a Droid. I'm a LONG time Palm user, way back from when they were called Handspring, then 3Com, then eventually Palm! I'm not regretting passing up the Pre to try out the Droid! I love it so far!)
:byepalm:

elowe65

Reaction score
i got it working with Win XP (at least a browser window to display/transfer items on phone).

Still trying to figure out how to get it to work on my PS3 though....

tdog7879

Reaction score
it says the link is broken when i put in my ip address on my computer??? any help? ...thanks