My Gmail MAIL won't sync

DroidMan1983

Reaction score
I've tried Settings > Accounts > Sync, and it syncs contacts, docs, etc., but the Mail just has a date/time stamp of July 4 10:46am. It's not just one account either. My personal Gmail account and my work Gmail account stopped updating on July 4, though the docs, contacts, etc. seem to still be updating.

Anyone know why this would happen? I've tried rebooting, but no luck.

DroidGeek

Reaction score
Gmail Not Updating

I had the exact same thing happen to me - but it was July 18th when everything stopped updating. It seemed like I had to do two things...

1. Go to Settings -->Accounts & Sync - and activate the 'Sync' ability for GMAIL

Still... that wasn't enough, so I had to do...
2. Completely shut down the Droid and repower it back up

It's working now

thelopenator

Reaction score
yeah make sure all the background stuff is activated and automatic sync and then reboot and you should be good

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

christao

Reaction score
I've tried Settings > Accounts > Sync, and it syncs contacts, docs, etc., but the Mail just has a date/time stamp of July 4 10:46am. It's not just one account either. My personal Gmail account and my work Gmail account stopped updating on July 4, though the docs, contacts, etc. seem to still be updating.

Anyone know why this would happen? I've tried rebooting, but no luck.

I had problems with mail not syncing after I accidently put the phone into airplane mode, which apparently has caused other people problems. What I did was add the "Power Control Widget" to one of my screens, then click the fourth button that looks like a "refresh" symbol. Make sure it is on, then shut down the phone and restart it. It worked for me, good luck!