Gmail Contacts

kbrown.1407

Reaction score
I've got a quick general question here about my gmail contacts list. If this isn't the appropriate location I apologize.

I have a rooted Thunderbolt (CM7) and have had no issues with my contacts or syncing or anything. However, I recently got an old iPhone from a friend to try out jailbreaking on it. Without thinking about the repercussions, I jailbroke and synced the phone to my accounts, including gmail contacts. This then put the contacts already on the phone into my gmail contacts (several contacts and several duplicates). I've tried simply erasing the contacts in gmail but they come right back I assume due to cloud backups either through the apple products (old iPhone & iPad) or my Thunderbolt.

Any experience out there with this sort of issue? Do I need to delete the contacts on my devices and in gmail or is there an easier trick? Not opposed to wiping my apple products and restarting there but I want to confirm that this would solve it before I do that. Really hoping for a quicker/easier option.

Thanks in advance.