MY DX IS DYING! cuz of GB of course.

Branski81

Reaction score
Okay, now, i have my unrooted DroidX running a stock, completely android, no hack or leaks, Gingerbread. I AM HAVING ISSUES UP THE BUM. Here is a list, that i will go on for a while for, starting a 5:24:

-Whenever in an app or call or anything for a somewhat long amount of time, (3-15 minutes,) the home screen will need to reload itself, as how it does at start up.
-My DX restarts itself pretty often now. about 2 or 3 times a day. and its not while using programs and apps all the time, it could be when my phone is in sleep mode.
-My camera, and ESPECIALLY video, will record stuff, and then it will say "file is unreadable" or something, recently (after a system reset,) it will play for 3 seconds, and then it will say unreadable.
-My wifi? im sitting on the floor, next to my modem. connection cuts out constantly and just wont download efficiently. and we, us DX users, know that our 3G speed and more importantly, reception, is not the greatest. its damn near poo.
-My texts; i had to install the Verizon (i like it the most, rather than text free, or text+, yada yada.) text app alternative, because my stock texting program will not recieve the messages, until a good amount of time later. An average of 5 minutes longer than the Verizon app. K'mon. this is the stock program, i should be relying on it.
-my apps? constantly force closing. its pathetic. i know android apps tend to force close quite frequently, but not this bad.
-App updates and downloads; some apps are just undownloadable to me. its horrid. and the updates where you have to replace the app, they will not download whatsoever.
-My homescreens; laggy. extremely laggy. i remember Froyo was smooth and it was fast, and most definetely reliable. i will scroll through the home screens and get some slow movement.

Thats just a few, i will post more as i see them, as this is all on the top of my head. took me 10 minutes. -.-

I would think all the lag and the slow issues and force closes would be from the multiple number of apps running in the background and people told me this is my problem. ITS NOT. i have a task killer that i use extremely often and it doesnt change anything.

I had other issues, (go check my previous posts if interested) and they were more Hardware and much more serious, but after doing a system restore three weeks ago, those problems have disappeared and now i have these new, smaller problems that almost piss me off more than my phone not being able to start up.

Im thinking of SBF'ing back to froyo, but i currently dont have the tools to do that. I'm hoping someone can help me with these issues as it is hell on my phone and on my sanity.

thanks, i really appreciate you reading all of that!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try doing a data wipe. It should fix your issues

SSX v2.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf and if you want gb, install the rooted gb leak or one of the gb roms based off the froyo kernel. Any of these will be better than ota gb with all its bugs

D2MIUI

OP
B

Branski81

Reaction score
@Idopa

for using the gb rom, would I need to root? Silly question and I can already see the answer, just need to clarify.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. From froyo, use z4root to root, then dl droid x bootstraper. If you want a gb rom based off the gb leak (liberty, aosp liberty, apex, zs) you'll need to dl and flash the leak first from the tbh thread. Then you can use one of the above mentioned roms. If you want the gb roms based off the froyo kernel (cyanogen, liquid, miui), just wipe data, mount system and install. I recommend the latter roms. You won't be disappointed!

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend SSX. It is based off Cyanogenmod but with more customization. Flash it over Froyo

SSX v2.0

OP
B

Branski81

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much, im in the middle of SBF'ing. your short answers really saved my life, after im done with the SBF i will try out Cyan. mod and give it a go. thanks guys for replying so fast, and have a good one.

OP
B

Branski81

Reaction score
Just SBF'ed. Loaded phone. didnt take me through the phone program process, so i thought i was good. well, no background, buttons fail to work, takes forever to load something, (i.e. the app drawer, the pages) i got the Blue Roaming triangle up on my status bar and my phone wont do anything. what the f*ck is wrong now.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem, happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else. You can also pm me if you need to (I get a ton of messages, but I promise I'll respond asap)

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just SBF'ed. Loaded phone. didnt take me through the phone program process, so i thought i was good. well, no background, buttons fail to work, takes forever to load something, (i.e. the app drawer, the pages) i got the Blue Roaming triangle up on my status bar and my phone wont do anything. what the f*ck is wrong now.

Did you wipe data and cache? That should fix it. Also, the blue triangle is because you need to activate your phone again.

(by holding the home and power button while the phone is off until you see an Android. Then press the search key and choose factory data reset, then wipe cache. Then reboot)

After that, it should take you through the whole activation and setup process.

SSX v2.0