My Droid's Screen...

DroidMunkey

Reaction score
Keeps going black after like 4 seconds.... i changed it to 30 but it still goes off really fat and its really annoying.... and unless on using the keyboard it keeps doing it

s-one

Reaction score
Check out an app in the market called Screebl. It'll keep your screen on while you're holding the Droid and turn it off with the normal display timeout once you hold it outside the potrait/landscape axis.

superglen99

Reaction score
make sure you are not covering the proximity censor which is on the upper right face of the phone

hanano17

Reaction score
The proximity sensor only really kicks in on phone calls. Sounds like a setting change, recently installed app or a defective unit. Might try a battery pull, or uninstalling recent apps and seeing if either help.

OP
DroidMunkey

DroidMunkey

Reaction score
Thank u for the suggestions... it not doing it anymore.... thank god

Scoobz

Reaction score
I actually was coming here to post the same exact thing. I did a battery pull and that didn't work.. Not sure what it is.

Sceen goes to timeout in like three seconds, so I don't really have time to do anything. when I go to check out the screen timeout in the settings no box is checked.

I'm using Open Home so it may be something with that?

A kind of off topic from this thread but I also noticed yesterday the pull menu to get to apps sometimes is on the side of the screen instead of at the bottom where it is supposed to be then after a couple minutes, or a couple time outs, it goes back to the bottom?