MotoDroid help.

MotoFreak2772

Reaction score
My screen has been acting weird latley. It would go black if it was not fully open or fully closed. It was annoying but not that big of a deal then today the screen just randomly got dark(as if I set the back light or w.e. all the way down). But after opening and closing it a couple times it brightened back up. After a couple seconds it just went pitch black. I opened and closed it again and I could see it trying to brighten up a couple times but was still really dark. I turned it off and on and it still is way too dark. I can see just barely sometimes after messing with it. So what should I do? Has this happened to anyone? Please help me..

samiusmc

Reaction score
My screen has been acting weird latley. It would go black if it was not fully open or fully closed. It was annoying but not that big of a deal then today the screen just randomly got dark(as if I set the back light or w.e. all the way down). But after opening and closing it a couple times it brightened back up. After a couple seconds it just went pitch black. I opened and closed it again and I could see it trying to brighten up a couple times but was still really dark. I turned it off and on and it still is way too dark. I can see just barely sometimes after messing with it. So what should I do? Has this happened to anyone? Please help me..

If your phone isn't rooted and you're using a stock 2.1 ROM, you must have done something to the brightness and/or screen timeout settings. Go to settings>sound and display>brightness to adjust the brightness level. Also go to settings>sound and display>screen timeout. There you can adjust when the screen goes black.

OP
M

MotoFreak2772

Reaction score
It is black all the time haha. No I am not rooted. It has to be the connection with whatever keeps the screen bright. I was able to raise the brightness to max just because I knew where everything was and just did it blind but it didnt help much. And it just got worse I can't see at all now, as if it is off. but the keyboard and menu buttons still light up. Im still recieving texts and it still vibrates, just the screen is the problem.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier today, I read a thread with a similar problem (screen issues etc) the consensus was that the OP was using a off brand charger. What type of charger are you using?

Mike

PopMuzik

Reaction score
Screen brightness is adjustable: Go to Settings > Sound & Display > Brightness. You can set it manually, or use "automatic". I tried automatic, and didn't like it. At the very least, you will be able to tell if some app is changing the setting on you, or if there is a problem with the phone.

There is also a Widget that puts a control bar (1x4) with 5 buttons on it. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, ???, and screen brightness. It has three different pre-set brightness settings that you can adjust quickly on-the-fly for different ambient light situations.

Hope this helps.

Pop

OP
M

MotoFreak2772

Reaction score
Screen brightness is adjustable: Go to Settings > Sound & Display > Brightness. You can set it manually, or use "automatic". I tried automatic, and didn't like it. At the very least, you will be able to tell if some app is changing the setting on you, or if there is a problem with the phone.

There is also a Widget that puts a control bar (1x4) with 5 buttons on it. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, ???, and screen brightness. It has three different pre-set brightness settings that you can adjust quickly on-the-fly for different ambient light situations.

Hope this helps.

Pop
I have that app. I didnt change the brightness, the screen must have just had a loose wire. I am also using the motorola charger. Like I said if I opened and closed it a bunch it would start to brighten, and every now and then it would flicker as if it were trying to brighten up but couldnt.
I took it to Verizon and they gave me a new phone.