Music through Bluetooth

wgarvin

Reaction score
Hi all, is there a way I can get my music player to play through my Bluetooth? Everytime I try to connect the voice dialer starts, I can hear the music while it's on but after a few seconds it'll dial a random number or disconnect.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Neupy

Reaction score
Did you try deleting the headset from BT profiles and repairing? I have 2 different sets paired to mine and Ive never had that happen. Or maybe your phone button is stuck on your headset?

OP
W

wgarvin

Reaction score
I tried unpairing my Bluetooth and repairing but that didn't work. Is there a way to prevent the voice dialer from starting while my music player is on?

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Simple questions first...is it a music headseat or an earpiece? Make sure that the set/piece lists a2dp in services....if it's not showing up, that's the reason for dialing usually.

kb3awq

Reaction score
Im a little confused pardon my ignorance as Im not that familiar with everything bluetoothwise. I have the original Droid and the default music player thats just a picture of a speaker and is a blue color. I do have a bluetooth earpiece (LG headset hbm-210) and I would like to play music through it instead of having a cord and plugging in to the speaker jack.

I would guess I cant do anything with it other than do phone calls and speed dial and voice commands correct?

Is there something out there or some way to use a bluetooth set to use for my original droid to do the phone call thing and listen to music on the phone?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im a little confused pardon my ignorance as Im not that familiar with everything bluetoothwise. I have the original Droid and the default music player thats just a picture of a speaker and is a blue color. I do have a bluetooth earpiece (LG headset hbm-210) and I would like to play music through it instead of having a cord and plugging in to the speaker jack.

I would guess I cant do anything with it other than do phone calls and speed dial and voice commands correct?

Is there something out there or some way to use a bluetooth set to use for my original droid to do the phone call thing and listen to music on the phone?
No, it doesnt look like that headset supports a2dp.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
You can try a prog called bt mono. It made my wally world cheap piece sound like music from a tunnel, but a better headset would have different results. Check out verizon's site they have some a2dp sets on sale. Also try ebay. They have sets that you can hook headphones to. Try the samsung wep series 800.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

4rnr

Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked, but I cant find it, lol
I just got the Jabra Wave bluettoth headset, and figure out how to listen to the music player through the Bluetooth.
Im sure Im over looking something, or is this headset able to listne to music ?

pool_shark

Reaction score
In order for a headset to play music it has to support the a2dp protocol.
Find out if your headset does or not.

4rnr

Reaction score
Thankx for the reply, but I dont know what that is, lol would it say on the box the headset came in ?

pool_shark

Reaction score
If it supports it there should be some mention of it either on the box or the instructions.

LaDroidette

Reaction score
Jawbone

My Jawbone Icon required a software download to work with media on both of the Android phones I have had. Not sure about your model though.