Music players find no music/files

jpoutre

Reaction score
I have made a directory on the SD card (PODCASTS), hooked it up to my pc and downloaded about 5 or 6 MP3 podcasts (like TWIT, BOL, etc) in directories, into the PODCASTS directory. Ok, all fine.

Now, none of the music players (built in or "3" that I downloaded) can find any file. Yet, I can go into ASTRO file manager, find them right away and play them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

John
Proud new owner of the Droid Incredible.

OP
J

jpoutre

Reaction score
Anyone? Beuller? This has only happened to me? (Welcome to my life). :)

OP
J

jpoutre

Reaction score
I just put some ringtones on the phone and now the music player plays those. So could these podcasts be a different type of MP3? I am very confused, I would think an MP3 is an MP3. Is there an app that is made to play these podcast mp3s? I am trying to get this to work so I can give my MP3 player to my wife.

Reaction score
they are on the sd card or internal memory? how did you put them on the phone. usb cable? then drop and drag?

maybe try to re-encode the files and see if that helps.

try mixzing does that play them?

OP
J

jpoutre

Reaction score
I just tried mixzing. No dice. I just hooked up and dragged and dropped the .MP3s to the phone (windows 7 PC).

I just did a test. The directory on the SD CARD (where I moved them to) is Podcasts. I Just moved 2 regular MP3s from my pc (music files). They did not work.

Yet, I go to these files on ASTRO and they play fine. What could be wrong? Can't be encoding, otherwise they would not play.

And if I plug in the phone to the pc, it won't allow me access to the SD card from the phone.

I am lost here.

Reaction score
I just tried mixzing. No dice. I just hooked up and dragged and dropped the .MP3s to the phone (windows 7 PC).

I just did a test. The directory on the SD CARD (where I moved them to) is Podcasts. I Just moved 2 regular MP3s from my pc (music files). They did not work.

Yet, I go to these files on ASTRO and they play fine. What could be wrong? Can't be encoding, otherwise they would not play.

And if I plug in the phone to the pc, it won't allow me access to the SD card from the phone.

I am lost here.

if u plug to the pc u need to access the sd card from the pc.

there is also internal memory make sure you are putting the files on the sd card [but it probably still shouldnt matter]

OP
J

jpoutre

Reaction score

I am lost here.

if u plug to the pc u need to access the sd card from the pc.

there is also internal memory make sure you are putting the files on the sd card [but it probably still shouldnt matter]

Yes on both accounts, I am accessing the SD card from the PC when I copy them. In the MIXZING app, I even limited it to just the Podcasts directory and nothing.

OP
J

jpoutre

Reaction score
I think I found the problem (and solved it). The directory I had had a capital P for Podcasts. So, I made another directory with small p and it works now. Lesson learned.

Thank you very much for your time and help here.

John

SmeagolGollum

Reaction score
Hi

It seems several people have this kind of issue. If you're searching for another cause I have one.

I have the same problem for days, and I finally found the cause. It was... my fault!
Double check that you don't have any file named ".nomedia" in your music folder or subfolders!
Indeed, I put that file for the Gallery application : it was made for preventing Gallery from showing music jpg files (mainly covers), because my "real" photos were lost among all the music jpg cover files when I opened the Gallery. The .nomedia prevents the Gallery from parsing the folder, but apparently, it also prevents the music players from parsing music also !