Files on SD card won't delete

OAR_John

Reaction score
I'm running into an annoyance with my R2-D2 Droid 2. I manually transfer the podcasts that I listen to at work onto the 8 GB MicroSD card. I have to keep it in PC Mode because I also use it for tethering while I listen to my podcasts. As I am done listening to the podcasts, I delete them through the built-in Files app. The phone comes back and acknowledges that they're deleted, and they no longer show up in the file list.

But as soon as I connect it to my PC (Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and open the directory, all of the files that I supposedly deleted are still there even though they don't show up in the Files app anymore! What's worse, if I connect it to my Ubuntu laptop and I try to delete it from there it comes back with an error -1 and doesn't delete it. Plug it into Windows, pull up the directory, and I can delete the files just fine.

What's bugging me is that I've had the phone since it came out on Sept. 30, but this problem only started a few weeks ago. For about six weeks, when I told it to delete the podcasts, it did it without a problem; but not now.

I'm guessing that it's a permissions thing somehow, but because Win 7 sees it as a multimedia device, there are no permissions to be set. Any idea of what I should look for to find out why it's not deleting as it should?

amyliz

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my android incredible. I was unable to delete files downloaded to my phone. I added the Astro File Manager from the app marketplace and was successfully able to dekete the files through the program. Give it a try, the app is free.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for Astro! You'd be surprised what that app will allow you to do! :dancedroid:

I had a similar problem with my android incredible. I was unable to delete files downloaded to my phone. I added the Astro File Manager from the app marketplace and was successfully able to dekete the files through the program. Give it a try, the app is free.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
O

OAR_John

Reaction score
Cool. I'll try it out and see what happens. Thanks!