SD card not deleting files

cyoder

Reaction score
Ok so im having problems with my sd card not deleting my apps. I have uninstalled all my apps and they are still showing in astro. I have tried numerous times to delete them but they will not delete. Its like the sd card keeps unmounting iself and mounting itself back without me telling it to. Has anyone else ever heard of this? My phone is also rooted.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless you are using aps2sd your apps are not stored on your SD card. If you are using a backup app (Astro, MyBackup Pro, or Titanium) and made a backup then the apps can be stored on the card.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Well im so confused right now. My buddy is the one that rooted my phone to version 2.2 and ever since it has just been messing up. I know the apps are on sd card because when i go to astro and go to /sdcard they all show on there but they have already been uninstalled.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he applied the apps2SD then your apps can be on your SD card. I've not used apps2Sd so I'm not able to comment, sorry.

If you need help I can pass this to others on rescue squad.
Mike

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
I just talked to him he said its automatically applied with version 2.2? That would be greatly appreciated if you could do that.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Is there anything that you must have on you sdcard?

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
well i am rooted and my buddy is the one who did it. he has the file update.zip on there along with the rom that is installed so idk if they absolutely have to be on there?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Go to settings: about phone: and tell me what it says for a build number.

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Yea he told me not to wipe the sd card. The build number is FRF84B

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok I think you're running bugless beast. Have you tried going into setting: applications: manage apps see if you can move them to phone.

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Thats the problem. I have already went into manage apps and uninstalled them and they are still showing in astro and everything i delete keeps coming back. but I am going to bed for the night I have to work in the morning so ill be back on tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok will look into this more and will check back tomorrow

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Have you found anything out? I just tried hooking my phone up to the computer and deleting the files out that way, and it still did not work. As soon as i unplugged the phone and it prepared sd card every file was back on it.