Music Player Widget

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
What music player widget are people using? I'm not real impressed with the stock player. The stock widget pulls up some weird images for cover art, and it is very confusing. Is there a free music player that will import all the album artwork? Or is there perhaps a setting somewhere i am missing that will allow me to get the album artwork?
Also it would be cool to sort by album on the widget rather than song title.
I don't want to spend $5 on poweramp just to play my music, but if thats what it takes so be it.
Thoughts?

armeddroid

Reaction score
I know you dont wanna spend the $5...but to me,PowerAmp is worth it.
You can create playlists, create your own hashtags, it has an awesome equalizer for your headsets and can create your presets per song.
You can post what your listening to on FB and Twitter.
Album cover art and lyrics is so easy to grab.

You have 4 different widget sizes, 2x2, 4x1,4x2 and full screen.
It has all kinds of skins for the widgets and your UI.
To me, POWERAMP is the best out there.

My .02.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
yeah, all my friends are pushing me to PowerAmp as well, but it does so much more than I am looking for. I dont facebook, i dont tweet, and i'm not sure how much an equalizer can help a tiny speaker. It's cool there is a trial option. I'll probably end up with it, and maybe all the rest of what it does I will find beneficial once i have it. thanks for the suggestion.

Has anyone tried the N7player?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
yeah, all my friends are pushing me to PowerAmp as well, but it does so much more than I am looking for. I dont facebook, i dont tweet, and i'm not sure how much an equalizer can help a tiny speaker. It's cool there is a trial option. I'll probably end up with it, and maybe all the rest of what it does I will find beneficial once i have it. thanks for the suggestion.

Has anyone tried the N7player?

I've tried just about all of the music players out there, and in my opinion, if you want a decent one, you're going to have a spend a few dollars. These are the three that I've found to be the best:

Poweramp - The best out there as far as features and audio quality go, but the UI leaves something to be desired.

PlayerPro - The best combination of features, audio quality, and UI.

Uber Music - Doesn't offer much on the features front, and the audio quality is descent, but the UI really stands out. If you like the Zune/Windows Phone music interface, this offers an exact copy.

Both Poweramp and PlayerPro have free trials, so take them each for a spin and see how you like them. Personally, I tend to use PlayerPro the most of the bunch. If UberMusic would get an update with more features, such as an equalizer, I'd probably use it the most. But it lags behind both Poweramp and PlayerPro in the audio quality department. And you'd be surprised how much an equalizer, with the right settings, will impact the audio quality whether it's through the built-in speaker or especially with headphones or an external speaker.