Music Player on ICS

solar

Reaction score
I use Player Pro too. The default google player music is a little drab for my taste. I'm used to a nice looking app that comes with HTC/samsung phones. I haven't really used it much, so I can't speak to its funtionality. But Player Pro all the way for me! :)

MadManBro

Reaction score
+1 for PlayerPro.
I am a brand new Android/Smartphone user and I went with Poweramp for about a week before taking the trial version of PlayerPro for a test.

I bought PlayerPro after about an hour of using the trial version and I uninstalled Poweramp altogether.

The UI is just slightly different on either - with my nod also going the PP - but the difference in sound quality was astonishing.
When I added the free PP DSP Pack I had all I needed to get the most out of my .flac files from the Razr Maxx I am using.

hatchin

Reaction score
Poweramp is greater than anything else! You can turn the pre-amp up (you can get more power out of your phone by over riding the stock system to power headphones better), it has a very nice layout, and a 16 band equalizer to make your music sound the way you want it to :)

smalldroid34

Reaction score
I have 3 paid music apps, player pro, N7, and poweramp....as far as sound quality goes, poweramp is leagues ahead of anyone else, delivers a sound quality the others can't match, but has the poorest UI, N7 is the best looking period. Playerpro has features like being able to change tracks with vol keys, best lock screen and a few other, its a good for the car. I love the features of playerpro, but poweramp has everyone beat, cause sound quality is most important, IMO.....im would love to player pro's function with poweramp's incredible sound

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
On my Player Pro music app I've noticed that it deletes my play lists that I've hand selected, different types of music on a titled list. It doesn't delete the music files from the SD card, it just keeps clearing my different play lists. And then I have to create a new one.

I've had my Maxx HD since the day it came out. I'm still learning about ICS and enjoying it, but this has me a little irritated.

Anyone else have this problem??

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Power Amp for its sound quality.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
I use Player Pro too. The default google player music is a little drab for my taste. I'm used to a nice looking app that comes with HTC/samsung phones. I haven't really used it much, so I can't speak to its funtionality. But Player Pro all the way for me! :)

I really loved the music app on my Eris and DI2. This one on the Maxx HD with ICS is horrible. The worst part it that there is no good widget for it like on the HTC phones. I'm going to try out one of the above mentioned apps and see how that works. I use Winamp on my computer and tried that app on the phone. I never really cared much for it. I was already used to the HTC widget and app so I had no real reason to change anything. I guess I'll have to start comparing different ones.