finding music downloaded from play music

molm44

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been using the Google play music app as my music player on my RAZR maxx HD, but recently I've noticed my music skipping. I've downloaded other music players in hopes that they'd b more stable but non of them can find my music. I've tried looking in com.Google.android.music>cache but I can't find it. I downloaded all my music to my phone (not SD card) over WiFi. If anyone could help that'd b greatly appreciated

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Close....not under cache. Mine is in files/music.

OP
M

molm44

Reaction score
So I just went files>device storage>music with no luck. My phone says the folder is empty

OP
M

molm44

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It shows that my music is on the device and i can listen to it in the play music app offline. I've noticed that play music tends to skip so I've tried to download another music player but no music player can find my music

snowman

Reaction score
have you tried something like astro file manager, it's free also look on your sd card
I just opened google play music and it says in settings it temporarily caches the files which tells me they may be erased after listening
are you purchasing these songs or just listening to them
also in settings is streaming which will not actualy download the music
I use poweramp to listen to music it's great and will find your music if you have any

OP
M

molm44

Reaction score
I've pinned all my music to my phone and I don't have an SD card. I know its there because I have set it to only stream over WiFi and I can still listen to it when I'm not connected to WiFi. Plus I only have 4 GB left of my 32 GB of on board storage. I don't have an SD card in either. I've downloaded power amp and it can't find my music. Its definitely on my phone I just have to find it

OP
M

molm44

Reaction score
I just tried astro file manager and still can't find it. Does anyone know or has anyone had this Same issue? I've pinned 4000 songs and they're eating up my storage but I can't find a single one. Any help would b greatly appreciated

OP
M

molm44

Reaction score
Yea none of them are DRM protected. All of them show up in the stock music app but I can't find the actual files on my phone so other music apps can find them

hog80ci

Reaction score
I found my music here:

After looking all over my phone, I drilled down this file and found my music: Computer\DROID RAZR HD\SD card\Android\data\com.google.android.music\cache\music. My question is: How can I make this a much easier process. I'd like to make my own ring tones, etc. Should not be this complicated. James