stock gallery and play music app

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Is there a way change the settings on the gallery. Did they do away with the stock music player app and change it to play music? I just came to the Maxx HD from the Maxx last week. Does play music use data? I have gone through the settings to try to change anything related to data usage. Any recommendations on a music player or the gallery display one opened. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Phone is all stock.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
There is an app called Music, listed:Settings>Apps>All, but I am not sure what it does. Google Play Music would only use data if you are streaming music from TuneIn Radio, Pandora, etc. If you have music downloaded to your phone, and use Google Play Music to play it, no data is used. Most people who are less than satisfied with the stock Gallery app are using alternatives from the Play Store. I do not do too much with the Gallery. My photos automatically upload to DropBox.

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
I use QuickPic for my Gallery. I couldn't stand the gallery on this phone after switching from an HTC Droid Incredible 2. My biggest complaint was not being able to hide certain albums and albums not loading after inserting the SD card for over 10 minutes. Music still doesn't seem to load right away either with Play Music. I'm hoping an aftermarket app will help with that like it did for my pictures. I just haven't had the time to spend evaluating a trial version of PowerAmp or ProPlayer (or something like that). I have not used the Music app yet. Not sure why I haven't even tried lol I really miss the HTC music app. I swear HTC had the best software of any phone i've had,although that's only been two HTCs (Eris and DI2) and now this Razr Maxx HD. Not very impressed with it after switching. I also switched from Gingerbread to ICS and that is half the reason I don't like this phone as much as my DI2 (hated the Eris lol too slow after time)

vannDROID

Reaction score
You would have rather kept the Incredible 2? I was debating heavily between the DNA or the Razr Maxx HD for my upgrade from the DInc2. I went with the DNA but as usual with HTC phones the storage and battery are nerve-wrecking.....I got the DNA two weeks ago but I think I will look for a way to get the Razr Maxx HD since I love to play vids and listen to music. My train commute to work is an hour and a half one way Mon-Fri so I need the battery juice. Not to mention the storage space. Does the Razr Maxx HD come with an SD card in it by the way? If so, what kind? I really do want one now.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
HD came with ICS and upgraded to JB. It should ship with JB now, its been out long enough.

No it doesn't come with a SD card, you have to buy one. Stay away from class 10 cards and 64 gig cards. People have had issues with them working for a little while but then they stop.

The stock gallery app has never been worth it imo. Quickpic is my favorite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
I just use winamp
or power Amp is sweet

above post with Cliff it comes with 32 gig most of us add another 32 with with another card there only about 23.00 bucks now, most that have problems I thinks it's sandisk stay away from that brand. Samsung and transcend are good

no you won't use data unless streaming then you won't as long as you turn on wi-fi if you want to run IHeart or something

splat10

Reaction score
Power amp it's definitely worth paying for. Best player out there and I've tried them all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
yep nice that it has an EQ and can really boost the sound a lot, good app.

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
You would have rather kept the Incredible 2? I was debating heavily between the DNA or the Razr Maxx HD for my upgrade from the DInc2. I went with the DNA but as usual with HTC phones the storage and battery are nerve-wrecking.....I got the DNA two weeks ago but I think I will look for a way to get the Razr Maxx HD since I love to play vids and listen to music. My train commute to work is an hour and a half one way Mon-Fri so I need the battery juice. Not to mention the storage space. Does the Razr Maxx HD come with an SD card in it by the way? If so, what kind? I really do want one now.

I preferred the DInc2 only due to the operating system. When I got the Razr Maxx HD, I couldn't stand the gallery, music app, keyboard, dialer, not being able to link ringer and notification volume, etc. But it turns out, these were all ICS problems, not specific to the Maxx HD. I looked at the Samsung GS3 also and it had all that stuff I hated. I really just miss Gingerbread. The DInc2 is still available (or was when i got the HD) and I considered getting another one since it still had Gingerbread. However, it also still had the same 1.1 GB internal memory and crappy battery life. My memory was constantly full and I would constantly have to delete texts and remove apps to update or add others. The battery wasn't too much of a concern since I'm always near a power source, either home, at work, or in the car, but more battery could always be better. I wouldn't have even upgraded had the USB port not broken on my DInc2 (possibly from excessive plugging in). I just figured that all my complaints were software based (many of which can be fixed with aftermarket apps) but I loved the new hardware. If necessary, I can always root my new hardware with the Gingerbread software. So it was almost a no-brainer just getting the Maxx HD.