Music Management.

amguitarman

Reaction score
I just put a lot of music, on my Droid, some of it by accident. But, when I remove it from the SD card while it's connected to my computer, the amount of remaining memory doesn't change. It said 1.64 gb, I took off 4 albums of music, and it still said 1.64 gb.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I know I can delete music through the music player on the droid, but I was hoping to be able to delete more than one song at a time.

I'm using a Mac. Is there some kind of program that I can use instead of treating the droid like a portable hard drive?

Any help is appreciated.

Xerozix

Reaction score
I have a Mac too.

When you move the files to the trash, do you empty the trash before ejecting the drive?

Macs don't exactly delete on the spot, hence the reason why your space doesn't change. Do the albums disappear after doing what you're doing?

Also, if you don't eject the drive, I suggest getting into the habit now, as this'll prevent corruption to your card.

OP
A

amguitarman

Reaction score
I delete the folders from the SD card, then from the trash.

I just heard of a program that's supposed to be like itunes for droid. I think it's called double twist. Have you had any experience with that?

Xerozix

Reaction score
At this point, DoubleTwist is still not recommended by me. For Windows, it works great, however on Mac, it fails to sync music if you don't drag and drop.

Are you familiar with Terminal (bash)?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

amguitarman

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with terminal. I did give double twist a shot, and it seemed to sync my music without to many issues. It did a far better job than dragging and dropping everything from my Itunes folder, and it updates the remaining memory when I delete a file through double twist.