Music apps load non-existing songs

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ihcTactics, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ihcTactics

ihcTactics New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I use a mac and have been "syncing" my music with doubletwist... (hated it).

Anyway, I deleted all my music off my phone while it was plugged in via usb from the sdcard drive that showed up on my mac. Now whenever I try to open any music app and have it load my current library it still loads my music I used to have + the new music. I'm trying to figure out where the programs are getting the info of my old library to list the songs so I can get rid of that info.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. kevinkar

kevinkar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try going to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, finding the app, and pressing Clear Data or Clear Cache. Maybe there's a cached list that did not update and you'll need to clear it?

I've gotten into the habit of going here first and clearing out whatever I can before uninstalling an app too. Otherwise the uninstall routine might not clear out everything.

3. ihcTactics

ihcTactics New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I cleared the cache on several programs that accessed the music and still no luck. I wish the built in music app had a way to reload the music library.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
android songs showing up twice

clear android music player cache

clear music list on droid x
non existing android apps
non existing music showing up android
non existing songs
songs appear twice in doubletwist playlist