Music Applications Locking My Phone Up

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by stangdaman, Jul 9, 2012.

1. stangdaman

stangdaman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The music application that comes with my droid razr is ok but it seems to have a lot of problems with mixing up files and grouping songs under the wrong artist. Things like that. So, I decided to try out some other apps instead. I tried winamp first and was having a lot of trouble with the phone locking up. This happened especially when trying to view albums. I'm assuming it was having trouble populating all the album art or something. I uninstalled winamp and decided to install the trial version of poweramp. While it seems to be working a little better I've had it lock the phone up as well to where I have to do a restart. Any ideas why this is happening and any solutions?

2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +678
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I think those are the two most popular ones, so I would imagine there would be a lot more people complaining if they didn't work right on the Razrs as a whole.

Those two programs are both pretty intensive if I remember right, I use UberMusic which is a pretty basic program that is great for me.

You might try that one and if it freezes up then you might have another problem. Have you done a hard reset? Holding down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds to see if that helps?

3. stangdaman

stangdaman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that ends up being my only option actually when this happens.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I didn't just recently upgrade to ICS too so I don't know if something happened in the upgrade that is causing this. I'll give that one you suggested a try and see what results I get.

4. lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Poweramp has been working fine for me on ICS. I did give N7 a try as I was wanting to maybe use something that was a littler lighter on the system but still fairly feature packed. N7 would constantly crash if I opened the player, it would however play music without issue either by headset/media commands or widget(only main app would crash).

I ended up going back to poweramp, but mostly due to N7 missing some features I like.

I've also ran poweramp on 2 Razrs on ICS without issue, so I'm thinking it's something on your device causing problems. Try wiping cache & see if that helps. Also see what happens if you remove you SD card-could be an issue with it when the players do a scan. Lastly FDRs seem to clear up a lot of issue people have had after the update, but save that as a last resort.

[​IMG]