Music Applications Locking My Phone Up

stangdaman

Reaction score
The music application that comes with my droid razr is ok but it seems to have a lot of problems with mixing up files and grouping songs under the wrong artist. Things like that. So, I decided to try out some other apps instead. I tried winamp first and was having a lot of trouble with the phone locking up. This happened especially when trying to view albums. I'm assuming it was having trouble populating all the album art or something. I uninstalled winamp and decided to install the trial version of poweramp. While it seems to be working a little better I've had it lock the phone up as well to where I have to do a restart. Any ideas why this is happening and any solutions?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think those are the two most popular ones, so I would imagine there would be a lot more people complaining if they didn't work right on the Razrs as a whole.

Those two programs are both pretty intensive if I remember right, I use UberMusic which is a pretty basic program that is great for me.

You might try that one and if it freezes up then you might have another problem. Have you done a hard reset? Holding down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds to see if that helps?

OP
S

stangdaman

Reaction score
Have you done a hard reset? Holding down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds to see if that helps?

Yeah, that ends up being my only option actually when this happens.

I think those are the two most popular ones, so I would imagine there would be a lot more people complaining if they didn't work right on the Razrs as a whole.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I didn't just recently upgrade to ICS too so I don't know if something happened in the upgrade that is causing this. I'll give that one you suggested a try and see what results I get.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Poweramp has been working fine for me on ICS. I did give N7 a try as I was wanting to maybe use something that was a littler lighter on the system but still fairly feature packed. N7 would constantly crash if I opened the player, it would however play music without issue either by headset/media commands or widget(only main app would crash).

I ended up going back to poweramp, but mostly due to N7 missing some features I like.

I've also ran poweramp on 2 Razrs on ICS without issue, so I'm thinking it's something on your device causing problems. Try wiping cache & see if that helps. Also see what happens if you remove you SD card-could be an issue with it when the players do a scan. Lastly FDRs seem to clear up a lot of issue people have had after the update, but save that as a last resort.

1339708296469.jpg