1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music app going haywire.

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by NTkiller, Oct 12, 2012.

1. NTkiller

NTkiller New Member

Hello, this is my first post here, but here I go. First of all I have a motorola droid x running android 2.3.4, completely stock, no root. The problem here is when I plug in a pair of headsets, the music app will randomly come up and play a random song, doesn't matter what I'm doing. It will also start and stop the song repeatedly and if I exit the music app, it will stop for a while, but the behavior will always come back. I have already reformatted the sd card, but it continues to do it. Please give some advice.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

Try clearing the music app cache in Manage Applications.

Sent from my Black Iced X
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

Mine was doing the same thing... Come to find out, the AUX port was corroded by liquid. I took the phone apart, cleaned it, and it's working great.

Sent from my rooted DROIDX using Droid Forums
  4. NTkiller

NTkiller New Member

Well, I tried wiping the cache, but it would still come back. I will try cleaning the headset port. And would the otterbox have anything with it, possibly mechanical conflict?
    Thanks for the replies!.
Search tags for this page

does android gingerbread 2.3 run hay wire

galaxy s3 haywire

htc rezound haywire