Multitouch Keyboard 2.3 for CM7!

frankjaegar

Reaction score
Someone, anyone, please help me with this...
There were two parts of GingerBlur that I loved. One was the awesome screen rotation animation, which I'm sure is unportable. But the keyboard... oh that keyboard!
I really loved the Multitouch Keyboard 2.3. It just worked for me. But I can't find it! I've searched long and hard and all my results simply return the Multitouch Keyboard from Froyo which I do not want. All of my own efforts have been fruitless as well (attempting to pull it from the update.zip and replacing LatinIME.apk with Root Explorer).

Can anyone help me? Tell me what to do and/or get me a working .apk?
Thank you so much!

DoomSabbath

Reaction score
Are you talking about the dark grey keyboard? If so, I thought it was included in the ROM already.

OP
F

frankjaegar

Reaction score
Thank you, but no. That's the AOSP Gingerbread Keyboard; as such it is naturally included with CyanogenMod, because it's all AOSP. It is a fine keyboard to be sure, but is not the one I'm looking for. I'm looking for "Multitouch Keyboard 2.3". It was the keyboard that came along with swype on the official version of Gingerbread released by Motorola for the Droid X.

Anyone have any ideas?

tensai

Reaction score
i have the multitouch apk from GB, tried installing it on cm7. and its a no go. wont install
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3jncfc99q58u6m

i just replace LatinIME.apk with the Larger keyboard fix. i used the free ES File Explorer found in the market, renamed the old latinime to .bak and copied the new one over, and set the permissions to the same as the previous one. the larger keys are easier to use compared to stock.

Last edited:

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Thank you, but no. That's the AOSP Gingerbread Keyboard; as such it is naturally included with CyanogenMod, because it's all AOSP. It is a fine keyboard to be sure, but is not the one I'm looking for. I'm looking for "Multitouch Keyboard 2.3". It was the keyboard that came along with swype on the official version of Gingerbread released by Motorola for the Droid X.

Anyone have any ideas?

Its in the market

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
I would try Smart Keyboard Pro in the market as it's multitouch and has ton of options available.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
FlexT9 is the best keyboard I've tried. Definitely worth the price. I won't use anything else.