Help needed !!

vmani007

Reaction score
Hello every 1 :)
I did pretty something bad to my milestone.. i installed DroidX Multitouch keyboard in my milestone and when i tried to install my stock android keyboard(i backed up this before installing the multitouch keyboard)android dint allow it to install.
So what i did was i copied the LatinIME.apk(stock keyboard apk)into system/app using root explorer and factory reset my phone.
Now Its showing an error "process com.android.inputmethod.latinprocess com.android.inputmethod.latin" has stopped unexpectedly try again latter..
I know i have done something bad...can any 1 help this out please in fixing this please :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
have you made sure there's no traces of the DX keyboard left?? Sometimes clearing dalvik cache is needed. Also could try a factory reset.

Sent from somewhere...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems what has happened is that you pasted the LatinIME.apk and didn't set permissions - Try going into Root Explorer system/app and long pressing on LatinIME.apk and selecting permissions - make sure all read and all write blocks are checked and all execute blocks are unchecked and then reboot

OP
V

vmani007

Reaction score
yes i factory reset`ed the phone and now i am stuck with a black screen and a pop up message showing"process com.inputmethod.latin"is not responding try again later :(

OP
V

vmani007

Reaction score
I am unable to access my home screen at all ..I am stuck with a black screen and a error pop up message showing "process com.android.inputmethod.latin"is not responding try again later.
Yes i dint set the permission:( man ! I forgot to :( !! is there any work around for fixing it ??

OP
V

vmani007

Reaction score
I am unable to put my phone in debuggin mode also :( because I am stuck in a black screen !! is there any way to put my phone in debugging mode ? like from my pc via adb
I am unable to access my home screen at all ..I am stuck with a black screen and a error pop up message showing "process com.android.inputmethod.latin"is not responding try again later.
Yes i dint set the permission:( man ! I forgot to :( !! is there any work around for fixing it ??