1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help needed !!

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by vmani007, Nov 13, 2010.

1. vmani007

vmani007 New Member

Hello every 1 :)
    I did pretty something bad to my milestone.. i installed DroidX Multitouch keyboard in my milestone and when i tried to install my stock android keyboard(i backed up this before installing the multitouch keyboard)android dint allow it to install.
    So what i did was i copied the LatinIME.apk(stock keyboard apk)into system/app using root explorer and factory reset my phone.
    Now Its showing an error "process com.android.inputmethod.latinprocess com.android.inputmethod.latin" has stopped unexpectedly try again latter..
    I know i have done something bad...can any 1 help this out please in fixing this please :)
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

have you made sure there's no traces of the DX keyboard left?? Sometimes clearing dalvik cache is needed. Also could try a factory reset.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

It seems what has happened is that you pasted the LatinIME.apk and didn't set permissions - Try going into Root Explorer system/app and long pressing on LatinIME.apk and selecting permissions - make sure all read and all write blocks are checked and all execute blocks are unchecked and then reboot
  4. vmani007

vmani007 New Member

yes i factory reset`ed the phone and now i am stuck with a black screen and a pop up message showing"process com.inputmethod.latin"is not responding try again later :(
  5. vmani007

vmani007 New Member

I am unable to access my home screen at all ..I am stuck with a black screen and a error pop up message showing "process com.android.inputmethod.latin"is not responding try again later.
    Yes i dint set the permission:( man ! I forgot to :( !! is there any work around for fixing it ??
  6. vmani007

vmani007 New Member

I am unable to put my phone in debuggin mode also :( because I am stuck in a black screen !! is there any way to put my phone in debugging mode ? like from my pc via adb
Search tags for this page

com.inputmethod.latin error

prozess com.android.inputmethod.latin p990