moving to a new SD Card with my HTC Desire HD

ajaybali

Reaction score
Hi gang,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I was not entirely sure what would be involved. I would like to get a bigger SD card for my HTC, the one I have is 8gb and it seems as though some apps and things etc run from the the card, to the degree that it seems as though a lot of system stuff is on my SD card rather than internal, the HD comes with a rubbish internal memory. So how simple is it to migrate to a new card? Is it just a case of the obvious drag and drop or will there be hard ware or card recognise errors? just so I'm sure

thanks

Exploseevo

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a format issue on the card. It will just be more difficult to find files because you will manually have to move files to folders you have created. I.E. "Music>RageAgainsttheMachine>Bullsonparade". If you format it before adding things, then click and drag all your files and they will be put into a 100media file hidden on the card. It will work but its a pain in the @$$. Try manually placing all your media files into a folder you name then your OS files on a separate folder (2 folders) then format your future card on your phone. So when you plug your phone into your cpu you can easily open the files to place them in the formatted files.
It will make sense once you start the file importing. It's only confusing once. Good luck hope this helped.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums