Moving scripts

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I seen that my zepplinrocks scripts were in the /data folder, and I thought that they were supposed to be in the init.d folder so they run before the phone boots up? I moved them to the init.d folder with no ill affects. Can someone confirm that this is the folder they are supposed to be in?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

infantry667

Reaction score
If they are the ones put there (ie. 99supercharger.sh) when you first ran the scripts then they are supposed to stay in the "data/" folder and are supposed to be set to run at boot.

Sent from my bad-ass, Liberated X2!

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I never knew that. Then how come I read when running the kick ass kernal changing the I/0 scheduling, you are supposed to run it in init.d to avoid bootlooping?

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I also flashed navendrobs init.d hack after I already moved the .sh files from /data to /init.d. is this what is supposed to let the scripts run through init.d and should I move the .sh files(3g Turbo, v6, and kak) back to the /data folder?

infantry667

Reaction score
The original script puts/applies the settings in the init.d itself. You don't have to do that, you also have the option to apply other settings to the build.prop instead of the local.prop so they stick better which means the settings will continue to work flawlessly after each reboot. The scripts will either prompt you to select which to use or will tell you how on initial... install for lack of a better term. All of those options can be accessed on the initial downloaded script that you use to install and later change settings for the script.

Sent from my hulkified X2

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Yeah, I have it saved to the build.prop. I moved them back to /data. So are you supposed to run all of the scripts (v6, 3g, and kak)as root and boot? I thought you weren't supposed to run them at boot?

infantry667

Reaction score
You're not supposed to set the original scripts at boot but the scripts that are put in data/ by the original scripts are supposed to be set to runs as root and at boot so that you don't have to run the scripts manually on startup after each reboot. Setting those scripts (I.e. 99supercharger.sh, 98kickasskernels.sh and others) to run at boot makes it so they automatically run after reboot so you don't have to. You can put powershift widgets for V6 supercharger on your home screen so you can switch between settings at the click of a button (or tap of the screen) without having to run the original script again. It's quite ergonomical and nifty.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Ok, that's what I wasn't sure of. So do I set them as run as root and boot then run the scripts, or just set them and leave it at that? And will I be able to use the I/0 scheduler tweaks on the kak or am I still running a chance of bootloops?

infantry667

Reaction score
Just set them as run as root and run at boot and that's it, you can run them manually at first to make sure they start running but after that there is no need to touch them again. As far as the I/O scheduler there are instructions on the OP for these scripts on how to set it up correctly to avoid bootloops. These instructions came with the most recent update so I'll find them for you and post the link just give me a couple minutes. :)

infantry667

Reaction score
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15948434&postcount=1127

There are no instructions, I misspoke, but Zeppelinrox says at the top of the OP that he fixed the bootloop problem with the io scheduler. Just download the MOST recent version up KAK and you should be good to go, just make sure you follow his instructions about updating to new versions of scripts.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks so much man. I'm kinda new to all of this and learning as I go, but thanks again.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
There are a bunch of files on that page, which one do I have to download to update it?

infantry667

Reaction score
The list goes from oldest to newest in descending order so look at the bottom of the list for the newest version of the script you're looking for.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
OK, I figured it out. So do I really need the init.d hack flash file or can I just not worry about it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk