Moving ringtones from download folder to ringtones so I can use them.

the2kps

Reaction score
I have looked, snooped and searched, but cannot figure out how to use the ringtones I downloaded to my Droid Incredible. They all went to a folder "downloads" on my SD card. But when I go into settings to set a ringtone I am unable to access them(they seriously are not there). Another droid owner told me to use a file manager, that hasn't worked either. Maybe I downloaded the wrong one. But I am getting very frustrated with this one aspect... well that and trying to put music on my phone too.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Astro File Manager from the market is the most popular file manager app. On your SD card, make a folder called "Ringtones". Drop your ring tones from the "download" folder to the new ringtones folder, and everything should work.

ronnzoeller

Reaction score
create directory failed

I downloaded Astro FILE manager successfully. I go to /mnt/sdcard and select Create new folder. "Ringtones" and create button is activated, but get message "Directory could not be created".
What to do next?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go get Ringo lite, then you can set ringtones from music or ringtone files to not only the default but individual contract ringtone AND text tones as well as set any contact you choose to not ring but go straight to voicemail
It's free too

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from an Inc wifi monolith.