moving contacts to the droid

Aldenn

Reaction score
How do you move contacts into the Droid? I was using a Palm Treo, and would like to transfer my contacts into the Droid, however, the Treo is now deactived. I have the vcf file of the contacts, tired to move them to the SD card and use "import", but it did not work. Syncing with my Mobile Me account only added the Droid contacts, I had added manually, to the master list. How do you get it to go into the Droid Contact manager?

PhoneSter

Reaction score
import your file into google contacts with your google account. Sync your phone and they will all appear

OP
A

Aldenn

Reaction score
Transferring Phone Contacts

Thanks, I was able to get the vcf file uploaded into Google, and then sync. to the phone. A good vcf sync program that would work between the Moto Droid and the CF card and import vcf email attachments also, would be great.

mjs31

Reaction score
Google sync works perfect and is very easy and fast. Unfortunately I dont think there is a palm version. I know there is a windows, Iphone, Blackberry and Nokia but I have not seen palm

OP
A

Aldenn

Reaction score
Sync between Palm and Droid

What I did was export the Palm info to vcf card format then downloaded that to Google, and it then sync with the Droid. This woks fine.

An unsupported feature (except for buying an appl. from marketplace) is to be able to open a vcf attachment on an email on the Droid and be able to add that card attachment to contacts or calendar from the Droid, without having to go the desktop, where you can open the email attachment and then add it via Google sync.

Perhaps the new rev 2.1 will add that feature?
ah