1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

moving contacts to the droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Aldenn, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Aldenn

Aldenn New Member

How do you move contacts into the Droid? I was using a Palm Treo, and would like to transfer my contacts into the Droid, however, the Treo is now deactived. I have the vcf file of the contacts, tired to move them to the SD card and use "import", but it did not work. Syncing with my Mobile Me account only added the Droid contacts, I had added manually, to the master list. How do you get it to go into the Droid Contact manager?
  2. PhoneSter

PhoneSter New Member

import your file into google contacts with your google account. Sync your phone and they will all appear
  3. Aldenn

Aldenn New Member

Transferring Phone Contacts

Thanks, I was able to get the vcf file uploaded into Google, and then sync. to the phone. A good vcf sync program that would work between the Moto Droid and the CF card and import vcf email attachments also, would be great.
  4. zero7starz

zero7starz New Member

Just take it to a vzw store.
  5. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Google sync works perfect and is very easy and fast. Unfortunately I dont think there is a palm version. I know there is a windows, Iphone, Blackberry and Nokia but I have not seen palm
  6. Aldenn

Aldenn New Member

Sync between Palm and Droid

What I did was export the Palm info to vcf card format then downloaded that to Google, and it then sync with the Droid. This woks fine.

An unsupported feature (except for buying an appl. from marketplace) is to be able to open a vcf attachment on an email on the Droid and be able to add that card attachment to contacts or calendar from the Droid, without having to go the desktop, where you can open the email attachment and then add it via Google sync.

Perhaps the new rev 2.1 will add that feature?
    ah
Search tags for this page
add .vcf files to android contact
can razor open vcard

droid 4 how to import .vcf contacts

droid db contacts to vcf
droid razr .vcf file
droid x2 will not import .vcf

how do you upload contacts from droid xt907 phone to sd cards against humanity online

how to load a .vcf file into a droid x2
import .vcf into droid
motorola driod m import vcard
motox vcf import
moving contacts from motorola droid

my droid x2 wont read vcf file

phonebook.vcf wont open on droid
vcf how to motorola droid