google vs. phone contacts problem

jcorvan

Reaction score
I have imported all my google contacts onto my Droid X. But they are not in my phone contact list which only holds a few names and not sure how they got there.

I want to move names from the contact group (goolge contacts) to the contact group (phone contacts) because the TIKL app that is a touch and talk app necessitates that the contact be in the phone contact.

How do I do that?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have imported all my google contacts onto my Droid X. But they are not in my phone contact list which only holds a few names and not sure how they got there.

I want to move names from the contact group (goolge contacts) to the contact group (phone contacts) because the TIKL app that is a touch and talk app necessitates that the contact be in the phone contact.

How do I do that?

Thanks

You need to sync your X to gmail. Sounds like you haven't done that. In your settings go to Accounts/Add Accounts and add your gmail account.

OP
J

jcorvan

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

My google account is in the DX accounts as a email account and asa google account (not sure why). Under the google account the sync contacts, gmail and calendar are checked.

The problem is that all my google contacts are already on the DX but they are not in the "phone contacts" section. I can see them under "all contacts" but not if I select to see only "phone contacts" So I want to put some of my google contacts in the "phone contact"

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did:

Go to contacts. Tap the bar on whatever contacts are currently there. A menu will pop up. Press create new group.

All of your contacts should appear there. Check off the ones you want to keep with phone numbers, name the folder phone contacts. That should get you what you want.

OP
J

jcorvan

Reaction score
Before doing this, I have one question:
What will happen to the current "phone contacts" that exists on the DX now. I did not create that so it is some kind of DX file. If I create another one, then I will have 2.

Thanks,

I would not hesitate on this except I spent hours today figuring out the link/unlink problem with names linked that i had not linked and not knowing what to do. Finally with forum help I fixed it, but I am very leery about doing things and not being able to return to the former state.

OP
J

jcorvan

Reaction score
I did what you said but gave the group another name and this worked.

Thanks very much.,

From looking around on this subject, it is clear that this is very awkward setup for many people.