Movies

Crispy

Reaction score
Do any of you ever watch movies on your Droid? If so, what app(s) do you use to do this, where do you get your movies?

Thx!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have movies on my pc that i just convert to mp4 and move it to my phone.

Works great.

lkariher

Reaction score
I rip movies to my computer using hand brake, then I use some prism thing to convert them to MP4 then just place them into my sd card.

OP
C

Crispy

Reaction score
Hand Break? Hmmm.. I'm unfamiliar with downloading movies, but I want to. Maybe I'll roll the dice and download Hand Break..

ATC1986

Reaction score
How do you up load movies on to a fs ?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Are you simply asking how to put movies on your sd? It depends on what quality you want. If you want eye-popping, dvd quality flicks - the first thing you need is a class 4 or 6 (preferably a 6) 16 gig card.

The class 4 or 6 designates the read speed (in mbps) of your 16 gig card. The standard 16 gig card in your phone won't allow for high enough video/audio bit rates to get dvd quality movies/vids to run properly on your phone. This is because it can't be read fast enough by your phone to maintain synced audio and video over a 90 minute + movie at dvd quality.

Then you need some video conversion software. There's a myriad of programs available, and a myriad ways to get videos (directly from your dvd/bluray collection, from torrent sites, and from premium video download services).

The easiest way (for dvd quality) is from your own disc collection, or from file-sharing/torrent sites. There simply aren't any premium services available yet to download dvd quality mp4 movies to your phone at this time.

For dvd quality conversion, you're looking at converting 4 to 5 gigabyte dvd's down to around 1.5 to 2 gigabyte xvid, mp4, or avi files. And there's various codecs for each (like h.264).

Torrent files are easier yet, because you can often find the movies already converted and ready to be put on your phone, but of varying quality, depending on what codec, compression, and reencode the original uploader used to convert the movie. But because of the various containers uploaders use, you have to be mindful of being certain the movie file is compatible with your phone. Many use an mkv. container, which won't work.

Another option is to simply download dvd/bluray torrents, which, while aren't ready to directly be put on your phone, can be converted easily enough using video conversion software.

I generally use a combination of Aimersoft DVD Suite, Any DVD Shrink, and Handbrake. The reason for this is that I haven't found a one-stop-shop that handles every type of conversion, due to various encryptions that dvd encoders use to make video conversion more difficult.

But generally speaking, software like Aimersoft's will handle most of your needs.

Here are some examples of on my own phone, of what my converted file settings look like using Aimersoft Video Converter:

The Town: 1:58:38, 640x272 resolution, video bit rate 2000, 23.98 fps avi., audio bit rate 256 kbps, stereo at 48,000 khz, 1.87 gig file size.

The A Team: 1:53:55, 720x436, video bit rate 2000, 25 fps mp4, audio bit rate 160 kbps, stereo at 48,000 khz, 1.72 gig file size

Terminator Salvation: 1:49:30, 800x368, video bit rate 2000, 29.97 fps mp4, audio bit rate 128 kbps, stereo at 48,000 khz, 1.63 gig file size

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions.

Rogue27

Reaction score
the software u use for video conversion was it dowloaded online and was it free?

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Any software can be had for free. Or you can pay for it.

If I say I paid for it, some people will say "Well, you could have got it for free on ______ website."

If I say I got it for free, they'll say "Well, that's stealing!"

So I don't say either way.

Do your own searching. The world wide web is your oyster.

Droidtwo619

Reaction score
You might wanna try slysoft anydvd. I've had it for a couple of weeks and pretty much it's been going through with all kind of movies(wink-wink). They have a 20 day trial so if you wanna take it out for a spin LOL.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
27311d2d7c84e8f3e3f5036ed08d198b.jpg

theft vs piracy explained

AllForNaught

Reaction score
27311d2d7c84e8f3e3f5036ed08d198b.jpg

theft vs piracy explained

First off, there was an original Porche somewhere - all the ones made after, are copies. Same with anything else that is mass or reproduced. Sooo...

Piracy is theft. Just because we don't have appropriate laws to govern intellectual property vs. physical property doesn't make it an ethical vs. illegal debate.

If you could easiliy duplicate a porche and "share" it, everyone would be driving free porche's.

When you purchase a dvd movie - you're not buying the movie. If you were, you'd be making millions off you're $15.00 Avatar purchase.

What you're really paying for is a limited (stress L-I-M-I-T-E-D) license with strict agreed upon obligations on it's usage, including not copying for distribution.

Unless you defeat my porche analogy - you lose the argument.

If you even try - you're an idiot.

Just because something is easily transferable doesn't make it's theft any less so.

If you didn't think of the movie, hire people to create the movie, and film the movie - it's not your movie. Therefore you have no right to violate what is intentionally a paid for, exclusive licsense agreement between yourself and the retailer, and the licensee.

When you start spending millions to make a movie, then give copies away for free - let us know how the sequel is going.

The end.