Move to sd card?

km75

Reaction score
A lot of times when I am in the app market I see a lot of complaints when apps don't have the ability to be moved to the sd card. Can anyone explain the benfits of moving an app from the phone memory to the sd card?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
A lot of times when I am in the app market I see a lot of complaints when apps don't have the ability to be moved to the sd card. Can anyone explain the benfits of moving an app from the phone memory to the sd card?

To save space.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I figured that much. So that's the only benefit? To save phone space for things that actually can't be moved to the sd card? No performance benefits? ex. faster web browsing?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

To save space.

lol, to save space on the phone as opposed to the SD card.

There are some apps you should not put on the SD card. Widgets should not be put on there, they will usually give you an issue if you do that.

On a D2 moving the apps to SD card isn't as important as moving the apps to SD unless you have a larger then standard 8gb SD card. There is plenty of space on the phone.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Thanx hookbill. Thats exactly what I needed to know.