Mov files

chipette_

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I hope someone will help me. Obviously you guys are way advanced, all I want to do is watch a .mov file off of CNN.com news and the Motorola Droid won't let me. Downloads the mov and when you click on it, it says unable to play video. Even Verizon couldn't tell how to fix it. So I'm hoping one of you guys will help me please... :)

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I hope someone will help me. Obviously you guys are way advanced, all I want to do is watch a .mov file off of CNN.com news and the Motorola Droid won't let me. Downloads the mov and when you click on it, it says unable to play video. Even Verizon couldn't tell how to fix it. So I'm hoping one of you guys will help me please... :)

The Droid cannot play .mov files. At least thats what the specs say. You may be able to find the cnn video file on youtube. The droid can definately play vids from there.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any Quicktime players for Android. No results searching in the Market.

D

dvdcatalyst

Since MOV is basically an MP4 format, you can try renaming the .mov to .mp4 with a filemanager app for the Droid, and see if it works.
While mov can make use of some things that mp4 can not, most content obtained from non-Apple sources should play this way. If it doesn't work, you will have to convert them to be able to watch them.