Watching .MOV Files???

Padawan

Reaction score
Hello,

I was on a website over the weekend that has an .MOV file that I wanted to watch. I got an error stating that "The content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download it?".

Is there a way do watch this on the phone? A friend of mine has a DroidX and was able to watch it just fine.

Thanks,
Padawan

Reaction score
:)

Hello,

I was on a website over the weekend that has an .MOV file that I wanted to watch. I got an error stating that "The content is not supported on the phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download it?".

Is there a way do watch this on the phone? A friend of mine has a DroidX and was able to watch it just fine.

Thanks,
Padawan

you just need a program that can watch .mov files. I'm sure there is an app for that.

drew

Reaction score
What browser are you using? You might want to consider an alternative like Skyfire. Maybe a different browser will convert the Apple QuickTime into something your phone can handle.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Why can't these formats just "Get Along"? ala Rodney King.

One reason: Jobs. Steve Jobs.

OP
P

Padawan

Reaction score
Blackcharger06: I tried looking on the market and didn't find anything.

Drew: I am using the browser. I will try another browser.

Csonkabear: I would agree but my friend's Motorola DroidX played it just fine using that phones stock browser app (which I realize is probably not the same browser as the one on mine).

xeene: I will look into that.

Thanks,
Padawan

Reaction score
hmmm

Blackcharger06: I tried looking on the market and didn't find anything.

Drew: I am using the browser. I will try another browser.

Csonkabear: I would agree but my friend's Motorola DroidX played it just fine using that phones stock browser app (which I realize is probably not the same browser as the one on mine).

xeene: I will look into that.

Thanks,
Padawan

you could convert it but you want to watch in on the phone not take it off the phone convert it and put it back on the phone. .mov files work on the other droids? I thought it would be an apple vs android thing, but if the file work son the other droid it should work on this one, just have to figure out how to get it to work.... someone smarter then me will figure it out.

missusdenise

Reaction score
This is late, but intended for those with later searches for this question. There are plenty of android apps to view .mov files. I get lots of video from the rotten bunch. I use the Mobo app, but here are other from which you can choose.

Hello,

Thanks,
Padawan