1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Mov files

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by chipette_, Feb 16, 2010.

1. chipette_

chipette_ New Member

I am a newbie and I hope someone will help me. Obviously you guys are way advanced, all I want to do is watch a .mov file off of CNN.com news and the Motorola Droid won't let me. Downloads the mov and when you click on it, it says unable to play video. Even Verizon couldn't tell how to fix it. So I'm hoping one of you guys will help me please... :)
  2. DJ Jesus

DJ Jesus New Member

The Droid cannot play .mov files. At least thats what the specs say. You may be able to find the cnn video file on youtube. The droid can definately play vids from there.
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I don't know of any Quicktime players for Android. No results searching in the Market.
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Since MOV is basically an MP4 format, you can try renaming the .mov to .mp4 with a filemanager app for the Droid, and see if it works.
    While mov can make use of some things that mp4 can not, most content obtained from non-Apple sources should play this way. If it doesn't work, you will have to convert them to be able to watch them.
Search tags for this page
.mov files on android
droid x2 watch .mov files
how do i watch .mov files on android
how to watch .mov files on android

how to watch .mov on android

how to watch a .mov file on android

how to watch mov files on android

how to watch mov files on android phone
how to watch mov on android
watch .mov files on android

watch .mov on android