1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Mount system read/write

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by preusstang, Apr 25, 2011.

1. preusstang

preusstang New Member

Hey all,

On LGB v0.3. Some peeps are talking about switching launchers and stuff. I use LP and I wanna move some apps to /system folder. I read somewhere long ago that they'd run better.. anyway, everyones saying you need to ADB push the .apks to your phone.

Can I just use the mount system read/write in toolbox and then use ESExplorer to copy the apk to the system folder and run it? Also are there real benefits to this?

Thanks in advance for anyones help.
  2. DThomp

DThomp New Member

I do it with root explorer. After moving them there you may have to reset permissions to match everything else to make it work. Also will need to reboot so don't worry of they disappear before you do so.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. preusstang

preusstang New Member

Sweet. So I just use the fix permissions option and reboot? That's awesome. Can I move the .apk of an installed app into the system folder? Or do I have to put an uninstalled one in there and then run it?
Search tags for this page
adb mount r/w
adb mount rw -o system

adb mount system read write

adb mount system rw

how to mount android rom as rw
how to mount system folder as rw s3
how+to+read+write+on+android+system+folder+remount+adb
mount -o rw adb system read-write
mount -o rw android
mount /system (rw / ro).apk
mount android galaxy s4 read write