MotoX in May-June?

JDH

Reaction score
What will the MotoX be by this coming May or June? My RAZR Max will not be getting any further is upgrades so I will be in the market in May. I like the Motorola phones but will be looking to buy something that will not be a dead end like my current RAZR Max. The Max is a terrific phone but I want to keep pace with android. Maybe an iPhone 6 instead.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hard to tell what phones will be out in that time frame. Maybe try this thread again when April rolls around:)

TatDroid

Reaction score
May is a long way away, in "phone time". At the rate Motorola has been going they may have some new, innovative product in the works by then. In the meantime, I'm loving my X!

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Snoking, my thoughts are that Apple updates all their products when a new os comes out (not positive about this) so you don't end up holding something totally outdated. If my razr maxx were eligible for the 4.4 upgrade I would be happy to keep it till death us do part. I would like having the no touch voice commands, as it is now, I have my razr maxx in a nav dock and have to touch the screen to do any thing which is, just as if not more, dangerous that holding a phone to your ear. GS5 rumored to be out in the spring but sounds too large for my taste.

I was just holding the MotoX at Best Buy and really like the size and the weight. I must admit that the iPhone 5s also feels good in the hand. the motoX on display already has 4.4.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
...but I want to keep pace with android. Maybe an iPhone 6 instead.

If you want to keep pace with Android, then going with an iPhone 6 is not going to do this for you. Lol.

I love the X. I was surprised and excited that the 4.4 update rolled out so quickly to this phone (especially being on VZW). I am fairly confident that this trend will continue.

I thought about going with an early upgrade program, but now that I have been using this phone for a while, I don't think I'll have any desire to upgrade for a long time (and my wife has the HTC One, which, in my opinion, is inferior to the X in terms of features and pure Android experience).

I don't think you can go wrong with the X. If you are thinking about it, I say just go for it. You won't be disappointed, and I don't know anyone else that is.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
If you spend any time with the X, you'll really notice the way it is shaped. I can honestly say that no iPhone (or other boxed phones) will come close to it. It just FEELS right if that makes any sense. And the dimple on the back for your index finger? Genius. I never held my phone that way, but now it just feels right.
And the update was out within days of the other carriers on Verizon - which is unheard of. I'm used to weeks or a month behind the others.
I think being a Google/moto hybrid, Google planned a lot more control over this device than others, so if you can swing it, I'd give this one a shot.
But then, come May, they'll probably be a new "latest & greatest" everyone wants.

Sent by fish1552 from his MOTO X.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I am still getting used to the size of my X. I have large hands and the Razr felt good in my hand. Which is why I wanted to go with another large factor phone. I am having some trouble with comfort with the smaller X, but I might be able to mitigate this with a different cover. Right now I have the snap case for it and it might just be to slick. I will go to a more rubberized cover and see if that improves things at all.

As far as the phone itself? This thing is just amazing. I can't believe how well it performs no matter what I throw at it. I've only had 3 smartphones including my X but this is by far the best one by a mile.

Snoking

Reaction score
I also have large hands and the naked M.X felt a little small and slippery. I got a Cimo case and like it. It has the finger hole in the back and textured sides. I am black on black cased in black. DW is Blue on Black cased in blue. Coming from a HTC Rezound they are about the same size, however I was rocking the Rez with a 2750 extended battery, so it was a heavy brick, which was not an issue for me. Battery life is similar!!!

The M.X is much smoother and faster! Like all the features!

Chris