Motorola’s Honeycomb Tablet, Won’t be 4G LTE

Detonation

Reaction score
No complaints here. If I got a tablet or netbook I probably wouldn't even get 3g for it, just stick to WiFi. My Droid X will be my mobile 3g device.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Lmao, they are not fools. If you had a 4g tablet wouldnt you hit the data cap quickly? Besides, this is the first Android honeycomb tablet, i dont blame them for working one breakthrough at a time in case it all goes fubar.

Sent from my A70H using DroidForums App

y0manda

Reaction score
Just release a non contract wifi only version and I'll buy two!

ABNER.STERLING

Reaction score
Way to drop the ball Moto... yet another reason I will not own another Motorola product after my OG Droid...

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Wi-fi plus...

They better have a wifi version or I won't be getting it. They will probably have a plug-in to get 4G.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Lmao, they are not fools. If you had a 4g tablet wouldnt you hit the data cap quickly? Besides, this is the first Android honeycomb tablet, i dont blame them for working one breakthrough at a time in case it all goes fubar.

Agreed 100%. That and 4g Data prices suck at the moment.

But ....

tumblr_ktokc5dyBh1qzeovdo1_500.jpg

akula1

Reaction score
Are they sure they didn't mistype the name?

They named it Xoom, but should have been named Doom, because it was a critical flaw not using cutting edge technology (LTE) with a cutting edge device, and then showcase it as the worlds largest CES, they might as well have presented it to the world in Dougie's basement on a webcam connected to a Commodore 64. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

IMHO!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Based on my previous unpleasant experiences with Motorola, I want no part of this or any other product they release.

-Mike

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Based on my previous unpleasant experiences with Motorola, I want no part of this or any other product they release.

-Mike

Are you tainted by locked bootloaders?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motorola DROID XOOM to access Verizon's 4G network via a separate modem

Motorola DROID XOOM to access Verizon's 4G network via a separate modem

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...network-via-a-separate-modem_id15617/comments
Motorola-DROID-XOOM-to-access-Verizons-4G-network-via-a-separate-modem.jpg

Some additional info popped up to clarify the 4G connectivity situation with the Motorola DROID Xoom tablet. The access to Verizon's LTE network won't be built-in, as we already knew, but rather there will be an option to insert a separate 4G modem into a PCI Express slot that will be on the tablet. How much will it cost, is still unknown, but if you are willing to splurge $50/$80 for 5GB/10GB monthly traffic, the cost of retrofitting it with the modem probably won't be a deterrent anyway.

For a sneak peak at what this PCIe might look like, have a look at the video after the source, where Verizon's LTE network is accessed from a prototype Tegra 2 tablet via the said PCI Express slot - the modem is shown at about 5:13 into the video.

We'd say it is as good a solution as any, since hardwiring the LTE chips inside the tablet would have made it more expensive, and there are many people who don't have coverage from Verizon's 4G network, or are not planning to use it at these prices yet. Rumor has it that Motorola DROID Xoom commercials will be aired at the Super Bowl February 6th, and the tablet itself might go on sale on February 14th, when Google's Eric Schmidt is giving a keynote speech at the start of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

We will be there, so stay tuned for live updates from the presentations.

Source

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was just getting ready to post about an article that was written back in Apr -May about the upcoming Tablets being upgradable, updatable to 4G.

Guess this is what the article meant...

Bilgediver

Reaction score

But ....

Lol. Cute.
I didnt say i wouldnt be looking at the Motorola tablet, i really do like Motorola products (Droid, Droid2Global, and I had the Razr back when).

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

Are you tainted by locked bootloaders?

"tainted"? Annoyed as hell, is more likely. That, plus the eFuse act of terrorism, and the malware and trojans that are ubiquitous in their OTA updates - yeah, I have "issues" with The Evil Empire. :):)

-Mike

ricepuddin

Reaction score

But ....

Lol. Cute.
I didnt say i wouldnt be looking at the Motorola tablet, i really do like Motorola products (Droid, Droid2Global, and I had the Razr back when).

The picture was aimed at the "OMG?!?!?NO LTE!!! FAILZ" People.

I agree with your first statement 100%. Honeycomb alone should make this the first Epic Android Tab (assuming it has a good chip set).dancedroid:)