Motorola Task Manager, Where is it in ICS

amgine27

Reaction score
I upgraded to ICS and realized thatMotorola Task Manager is gone, where is it and how can i get it back

William_04_x

Reaction score
Are you looking to replicate an auto end list, or just view app info?

The running app info is in Settings>Apps, scroll the top bar right to left for running/cached services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

altjx

Reaction score
Long press the home button. Swipe left or right to close out an app.

EHinPA

Reaction score
Is there still an option for the Auto End feature? That's what I was looking for.
Thanks, Ed:blink:

ZOOMY

Reaction score
As far as I can tell that app is gone like many others.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe "Go Manager" offeds a kill function and is very good at prolonging batteery life.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Long press the home button. Swipe left or right to close out an app.

This has been shown to not be true for all apps. Some will close, but others, especially those with background data, will continue to run even after being removed from the recent apps menu. You can see this is clearly the case by downloading a third-party task manager (I know, it's bad, but I was curious to test out what I read about the recent apps menu myself when I had the Galaxy Nexus, and then double checking with the MAXX...it was promptly uninstalled in both instances :)). Google has been very careful just to call it a recent apps menu and to not say that it has any task manager capabilities.

Under Settings -> Developer options, there is a setting under the APPS category called Don't keep activities. It says that selecting it will "destroy every activity as soon as the user leaves it." Also, you can limit your background processes there as well.

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Under Settings -> Developer options, there is a setting under the APPS category called Don't keep activities. It says that selecting it will "destroy every activity as soon as the user leaves it." Also, you can limit your background processes there as well.

And this is the same as an Auto End function?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not exactly. It's there for developers to be able to test if their apps are saving properly when they get completely closed out. Here's an explanation straight from Google (just scroll down to "Immediately destroy activities," which is the same thing): Using the Dev Tools App.

It's not intended for general use, but if you really want apps to completely close after you use them, this should do it. However, you're likely to encounter some of the same issues that running a third-party task manager can bring about. Also, selecting this option won't prevent apps from running in the background that tend to start up on their own.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Using the "don't keep activities" function also causes force close issues with a lot of apps.. yes that's to be expected, but it will also close down apps that are in a lull in activity, like switching menus while still in the app... at least that's what I've experienced :) ymmv

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!