Motorola Razr 16GB?????

JRH1982

Reaction score
To all you people who got the new droid razr that is supposed to have 16GB of internal storage and 16GB sd card preinstalled......check again. When going through my phone this evening i noticed that listed under internal storage it shows totoal internal storage is only 8.00GB. I have already called Verizon about this and all the phones she could see only showed 8.00GB as well so she trie to contact Motorola and they were already closed. She is supposed to be contating Motorola in the morning and call me back. Tell me what yall think about this and if any of yall are experiencing the same problem. Thanks.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
other 8 are taken by system and os files. Same thing was on thunderbolt.

OP
JRH1982

JRH1982

Reaction score
im not referring to storage availability, i am referring to the total storage space. Im not seeking any answers just want to know if someone else has same issue. it is supposed to be 16GB and its only showing 8.00GB

djspy

Reaction score
im not referring to storage availability, i am referring to the total storage space. Im not seeking any answers just want to know if someone else has same issue. it is supposed to be 16GB and its only showing 8.00GB
there is no "issue" with the phone. it's the same for everybody. did you read the thread i linked you to?

OP
JRH1982

JRH1982

Reaction score
yes but it didnt explain it. diesnt matter if only 8GB is for us to use/available......it should still show the total internal storage to be 16GB. Am i wrong?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It has 16GB but only 8GB is available, what's so difficult to understand?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
JRH1982

JRH1982

Reaction score
Because it doesn't show 16gb of total storage and 8 available. It shows 8 total.

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
Because it doesn't show 16gb of total storage and 8 available. It shows 8 total.

Cause you personally can't use it so why is the phone going to count it for you it's for the os and system files! No point in counting it if you can access it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Wow. If you guys are so against what the OP is saying, move on. My goodness. He isn't trying to convince the world to switch to a democracy he's just sharing an observation. "what's so hard to understand? " I for one can see both sides of it, but I can appreciate what OP is saying. Its comforting to see what they said the phone would have. Whether its available for use or not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
Wow. If you guys are so against what the OP is saying, move on. My goodness. He isn't trying to convince the world to switch to a democracy he's just sharing an observation. "what's so hard to understand? " I for one can see both sides of it, but I can appreciate what OP is saying. Its comforting to see what they said the phone would have. Whether its available for use or not.

To me it seemed like he was not grasping the concept so I tried re wording it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

WestOkid

Reaction score

He was not sharing an observation. It sounds like OP isn't grasping the concept when the OP calls it a "problem". Like he is being short changed. People were trying to explain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
One can explain without sounding degrading to another. If its explained, and OP is still annoyed by it, then you move on.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone only shows storage available to the user.
It is in fact 16GB of storage on the phone with 8GB for OS and system.
You cannot use it, so the phone's OS will not show it.
That is how ALL Android devices are.

Androidatic

Reaction score
This was actually mentioned prior to the phone being released. I think I read about it on AC.

Besides, I didn't make my purchase based on the amount of available memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk