Motorola Droid

rcmellish

Reaction score
I think its absolute crap that Motorola did not roll out a desktop application for their product. I can't access my droid via MY COMPUTER. I click on the icon and get no options and nothing happens. Its frustrating as all hell.... Anyone have any suggestions.

P.s. not to mention this Droid Forum needs an overall to make it easier to use!

Thanks
Rick:mad:

jimnutt

Reaction score
Perhaps because it's not designed to sync with the desktop, but the cloud (in the form of Google)?

To mount the sdcard in the droid on the computer, plug the droid into the computer, then pull down the notification shade. You'll see "USB connected", select that and it will give you the option to mount the Droid as a disk drive on your computer, select "Mount" and the droid will show up as a disk drive. When done, do the "Safely remove" thing from windows, then on the droid pull down the notification shade again and select "Turn off USB storage".

If you're looking to do contact sync, etc., that is best done through google and gmail.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
cool_story_bro.jpg

cwzwack

Reaction score
Have you tried to "mount the SD card" on the Droid when connected to the PC? You select it my sliding down the notification bar once the two are connected. That's the only way access it.

I think most people will agree with me that the droid forums layout is pretty simplistic.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think most people will agree with me that the droid forums layout is pretty simplistic.

which, imo, is what makes it nice... some forums are so slow to load and move around in...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its absolute crap that Motorola did not roll out a desktop application for their product. I can't access my droid via MY COMPUTER. I click on the icon and get no options and nothing happens. Its frustrating as all hell.... Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

:welcome: to the Droid Forums Rick, although I think you could have made a little better entrance. As explained it's real easy to access your Droid via your computer, but I'm more curious as to what type of problems you are having with accessing the Forum. What do you suggest we do to make it easier to use?

jcardona1

Reaction score
if youve ever been on any other forum, this forum is pretty similar. its not hard to navigate.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Dude im pretty noobish to smart phones an even I know you mount it if you just read before you post you can get your answer an the layout of this site is great hell its got a section for everything an if you use the search for a certain issue like you should have....then you wouldn't of need to post an angry thumps down post an instead couda been a happy face one like mine :D welcome

snappingfish

Reaction score
huh?

Thanks

:icon_eek:

DudeManCentral

Reaction score
You need to learn how to work the search on that bad boy

RCMELLISH,
It might be better next time actually do some research.. If you go to the Motorola Droid page there is a link to the software..
Here it is:
Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

P.S. I think you owe everyone on the forum an apology......

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder guys. We keep things family friendly here. That means no name calling. I edited the post with the problem, lets just not have none of that around here, OK?