Motorola Droid Hack?

Cosmic Droid

Reaction score
I'm new to Motorola phones and the Android OS. Picked up the X and I love it. One thing I'd like to know though...

Under the general settings tab in preferences...there's an option to enable a "motorola droid hack". I'm curious as to what this does. Can anyone shed some light?

OP
Cosmic Droid

Cosmic Droid

Reaction score
Android OS settings. I'm using LauncherPro if that helps. From my homescreen i hit the menu key, then "preferences" instead of "settings". Then "general settings".

Edit: I believe its something that LauncherPro adds to the menu options.

omnicious

Reaction score
Ummm is this the Droid X or the Droid? You keep referring to each name back and forth.

daxdm302

Reaction score
Im not sure as i dont use launcher pro but if you wait im sure someone will be able to answer your question, but meanwhile i would GOOGLE it :):):):)

ryantbdm

Reaction score
It is something that LauncherPro adds. You are looking at the preferences for LauncherPro.:p

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Just states it may improve performance on the droid/milestone phones. Probably making launcher pro work smoother.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Cosmic Droid

Cosmic Droid

Reaction score
I figured as much. Still cant find any info on what the "hack" entails. Looking on the launcher pro forums as well.

xious

Reaction score
The developer of LP added that option in there, but he never really clarified what it actually did. It's probably just some source he put in there that relates to the droid. I keep mine unchecked, but you may try both to see if you get better mileage with it on or off.

X

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is a memory hack for Droid. If you have a regular Droid, checking this option forces LauncherPro to stay in the memory

xious

Reaction score
This is what was posted by the developer responding to "What exactly does the Motorola Droid hack for 2.1 do?".

It provides a workaround for a bug in Motorola's build of 2.1. What it does behind the scenes is irrelevant.